I don't like Kona's - 92 Hei Hei - Fork Colour page4

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As anyone that knows me will tell you, I'm not a fan of Kona's, but there is one I always said I'd own, so when one came up recently, from CarambaKid, I couldn't resist...

Perfect size for me, at a Kona 20", Decals tell me it could be a choice of years, and the frame number is not helping me pinpont its MY.

Anywhoo, tipping the scales at 1700g, with the collar, I'm VERY VERY impressed with it...

I just don't have a clue which way to go with the build... :oops: :( I'm thinking of throwing lots of purple/3dv at it, but I'm not inspired by any previous builds on here as yet - HELP!

Attachments

• HeiHei 004 (Large).jpg
    HeiHei 004 (Large).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3,652
  • HeiHei 003 (Large).jpg
    HeiHei 003 (Large).jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 3,652
  • HeiHei 002 (Large).jpg
    HeiHei 002 (Large).jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 3,652
Cheers Mike :LOL:

I have mainly lined up some M900 for it, but it's the finishing details I'm struggling with...

Wow loving this Steve, looking great ,glad you got a kona ;) ;)

STX RC sounds good (have a few bits - lol) canti brakes, no modern colours, silver or black, visually keep it simple - like the frame!

Simon

It's a 1991 or 1992 Hei Hei, maybe early 1993? 1993 was the year that the frame transitioned to bullet style dropouts and lost the rear top tube cable stop and canti bridge. Frame No. tells you its a 20" and the serial no. is 374. Not sure if its the 374th 20" or the 374th frame produced that year or month or batch. Nice frame though, needs a set of P2's!

Cheers Phil,

that's made it a bit clearer, tho I keep going through the 91/92/93 catalogues and it's still not completely chrystal.....

As for forks, I just don't know....P2's would be the obvious initial choice, as well as the (pricy) Ti version, but do I dare to be different? or even go for some period sus, like Doug's??

Back