Amp B2 build

aerok

Retro Newbie
So, I traded with my brother for this. But not into slavery, so it's ok. ;)
I'm not 100% sure of what components to get for it. I have considered just scavenging from my current ride (a mid-nineties Jamis Durango).

ampB2_c.jpg

I'll update as I get this put together, but currently the bike is:

Amp Research B2 frame
Amp Research F3XC fork
Chris King headset
Syntace F119 stem
Truvativ Stylo World Cup handlebars

I also have a pair of Odyssey A-Brakes that I could throw on it, if I don't go with disc brakes. And from what I have heard on the webs, it sounds like getting disc brakes on the Amp bikes has been a pain.

also for brakes

I have also thought about getting some Paul Motolites for it, since I think they would complement the rest of the bike.
Seems like they'd be about the same performance-wise as the Odysseys though.

road ring

It's actually a 48t biopace road ring on a suntour xc crank. Since I already have a commuter I don't plan on keeping them on this bike...

Love the AMP frames! I'm so happy to see a nice B2 with original parts hanging off it. Keep it period correct :D

Really nice looking condition too---that's a good trade! Now get her built up!

They are a bit more modern than the frameset and $$, but I think Motolites would look great.

Allways nice to see a new amp in here. Have a mongoose Amplifier myself (B2, period accurate, looking for a F2 fork tough, has a manitou 3 on)

As it currently is - a mismatch of components from old to new, high end to cheap, road to bmx.

20130929-DSC_0002.JPG

Latest posts

Back