My new Cannondale Project

any123

Retrobike Rider
This build is going to be strange. I'm putting M952 on it and syncros stem bars and seatpost. one question i have and that is which cannodale model is it. Im sure its a m1000 or maybe 2000. Also before you all pick on me i know the stickers are not period but its the best i could find.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks andy

It looks very much like an m1000 but there will be others who will say for certain!.....enjoy it, they are great frames and that looks lovely!.....

After a bit of investigating on vintage cannondale.com i have come up with this date sept 91 from this serial number 51809912510 which works out the 18 = the size and 0991 = sept 91 when it was born and the 2510 = the number off the line.

i thought i had a 97 or so i never in my wildest dreams thought it was this old. im stunned and proud.

now to look through 91 catologe and i should find the model. God im great.

thanks andy

Sep 91 build date = 1992 model year, as borne out by the 1-1/4in head tube (and Force 40 boss on the fork).

M1000 and M2000 (indeed all of them, except the Beast of the East) had the same frame, only difference was paint. Which clearly isn't an issue here :)

MikeD":3tjfxy2q said:
Sep 91 build date = 1992 model year, as borne out by the 1-1/4in head tube (and Force 40 boss on the fork).

M1000 and M2000 (indeed all of them, except the Beast of the East) had the same frame, only difference was paint. Which clearly isn't an issue here :)

nice one i was about to have a melt down because i looked at the 91 cat and i could not see the force 40.

so my little mystery has been solved. now just to get on with this build im so excited. oh the memories.

thanks andy

looks a nice build
iconic bikes the old 3 series frames
could be an m 300 :LOL:

mikee":3mvbreub said:
looks a nice build
iconic bikes the old 3 series frames
could be an m 300 :LOL:

Dont wind out me sails i was liking the fact that it was a sm 2000

thanks andy

Back