Roberts rebuild - show me yours for inspiration

Giel

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Time to rebuild the Roberts. It is a DB front end with the rear-end of a WS, which apparently increases the comfort. I bought it of a member here over a year ago (thanks Ed!) and it quickly turned into my all time favorite. While it was in good nick when I bought it, I ride it all the time and it starts looking tatty. So new paint/powder is in order.

As it is my regular bike , I decided to go with an upgrade to discs. Front end will remain rigid, currently running RC30s. Would like to have a disctab on those, but have to see what is feasible.

So, before dropping it off at the framebuilder coming Thursday, I have to make a choice on colour. And for that I would like to see some suggestions. Obviously B&W is a sure hit, but I also quite fancy the current under-stated grey. Would be nice to see some pics of other Roberts (I have already searched here, but there might be more). So what do you have/think/desire (colours only :) )

The canvas:
IMG_2037.jpg

Cheers, Giel

Check the links in my signature for my Roberts DB & Genesis.

First change for me on your bike would be the saddle.

JeRkY":2fd94enw said:
Check the links in my signature for my Roberts DB & Genesis.

your bikes have cost me a few hours of my life :) and on more than 1 occasion :D Drooling over them were hours well-spent though.

What kind of white does your Genesis have? A long shot perhaps, but do you know the RAL code for it?

JeRkY":2fd94enw said:
First change for me on your bike would be the saddle.

Funny that you mention it. It's a period-correct saddle mind you, very light and comfy too! But I agree that it looks, well, not very good. Have actually bought one of these new old flites for it yesterday.

Cheers, Giel

Giel":1aqw9842 said:
What kind of white does your Genesis have? A long shot perhaps, but do you know the RAL code for it?

Cheers, Giel

I'm afraid I dont know, I picked it from a set of samples shown to me when I had it done.

It seems silly not to record these details now that you mention it.

Saltyman has a lovely SS one, but he seems to have vanished off the radar.

Where is he?

Back