Saracen Tufftrax Comp 1990

Henne

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Having previously owned a 1989 blue Tufftrax and a 1992 Saracen Limited Edition back in the day I aquired this frame from a retrobike member a couple of years ago after a hankering for a feel for the old school Saracens. The build is from parts that I had either ear marked for another build or from parts borrowed from my other bike. The forks are to be put on my GT which currently runs P2s but as they are the correct length and without going to the expense of aquiring another set they were a suitable match :) and seem to give the frame a nice balance in the ride and looks department as well. The cage and bottle are what I had kept from the 1989 TT ;)

Attachments

• IMGP1507 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP1507 (Medium).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,285
  • IMGP1511 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP1511 (Medium).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,282
  • IMGP1517 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP1517 (Medium).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 2,284
  • IMGP1527 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP1527 (Medium).JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,284
Love it , Looks in very good condition and you have a good choice of parts for the build.

The decals and frame look identical to my Trekker Comp :cool:

Nice touch with the bottle and cage :cool:

Well done! One of the first builds in which the Syncros stem actually looks great.
Maybe you want to add some bar ends to it?
It would give it a nice twist lookwise.

I really like this, remember only ever seeing one bitd.

This is my tufftrax and I get right funny looks sometimes as I think people find it funny I'm riding a pink bike lol.
745201eb.jpg

Great build mate, agree its the first build I like those syncros stems on for a while.

GT forks look purpose built for it too.

Cracking.

Back