My GF Piranha - new pics

The Rookie

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, just registered, just got myself an old Gary Fisher Piranha, not sure if its pre or post 97 (1 1/8th steerer even if it is threaded), but its not what you call modern.

Will be getting it up and rolling as a first priority and then slowly cleaning it up and improving it as I go, so may be stalking the classifieds, not sure whether to add sympathetic modernisation or keep it as traditional as possible, but probably the former.

I do have an old Townsend this will be replacing so time to start taking some of the useable bits off that like the Mavic front wheel and nicer V-s!

Simon

welcome fella
get some more posts up and then some pics
come on in the obsessions lovely :LOL:

Thanks, I have the obsession to an extent already, I love building bikes as both my commuter and MTB are home built from the frame up and I've built 2 bikes for the elder daughter, 1 for the younger and one for the Doris, this is the third bike in my own fleet but we have a total of 9 bikes in the house right now (inc this one), I do have a pile of spares so tidying this up to at least a useable condition won't take much time/money.

Simon

01052011045.jpg

LOL, I've just seen your 'pic heavy' post - I'm an amateur!

Its had some form of rust treatment as the seat tube is free of the orange mark of shame and there is runs of it on the outside, so I'm going to clean it up, strip it down, junk the tat and start putting it together with what I have laying around until I can look at getting it better, want to avoid spraying it (and loss of originality) if I can!

Simon

The Rookie":1xwasjbh said:
LOL, I've just seen your 'pic heavy' post - I'm an amateur!

Its had some form of rust treatment as the seat tube is free of the orange mark of shame and there is runs of it on the outside, so I'm going to clean it up, strip it down, junk the tat and start putting it together with what I have laying around until I can look at getting it better, want to avoid spraying it (and loss of originality) if I can!

Simon

sounds like a good plan , build it ,ride it , then address the issues

racer x":1iaspk6p said:
Nice shifters ive got them :D
I had them on my old commuter, and yes they are nice, these are a bit beaten up but I have a spare pair with mashed covers so hope to make a decent pair out of the bits I have.

Simon

Back