Condor 531/Campag MTB

fatfixie

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this up locally (western OZ) last week, brought over by an ex-pat

Is a tad rusty and needs a good service and respray- but how often do these come up?

According to seller was custom built for him - has condor engraved seatstays. reynolds 531 MTB tubeset. full campag. mavic rando rims and tioga farmer john's

will make a nice companion formy campag equipped Tommasini mtb :)

condor1600x1200.jpg

Rant:

I dont get this place sometimes, a Kona gets 3 pages of responses in 3 hours, and this hand built, designed in Britain rarity with an officially cool and rare groupset, with a great paintjob gets no responses (OK, except from me)?

Is it the pictures, is it cos you are a blooming Aussie, is it cos you arent going to paint it white and put loads of new Ritchey bits on it?

I dont know...

Not sure either :)

The pic is crap

I'm actually ex-pat Scot, not an aussie, hence my interest in the bike. It's in fair condition, will need a respray as it has a bit more than "patina" going on.
Like you, i think it's pretty rare and needs "preserving"

It will be repainted the same colour, Condor reckon they will have decals to suit

And no white ritchey parts :) :)

Andy

Well I like it, there is a similar vintage Condor currently on display at the science museum in London, albeit with a simpler paint job and kitted with M900.

As for lack of replies, may be just me but Condor were not really on my radar as a MTB builder. Nor where they really on my radar as a frame builder until I moved to London.

Oh, thats OK then, being a Scot is much better than being one of those Australasian fellows.

Take some better pics please, Im curious about the little details, and did Condor know the production date?

Good point about the brand being more Roadie-centric Rob, but then so are Roberts, BJB, Lloyd et al too and they have a good following? I have to admit that Condor have become better known to me since being in London.

I guess it appeals to me, and therefore I am vying for it, its the kind of bike I would like to own.

Well I have been out and about so just seen it or would probably have been the first to say...........................cool!
I have a fascination for these 531 bikes mainly from looking at LGF's fine collection and having a Claud Butler myself. I LOVE it, really lovely bike :)

I knew a few of the guys BITD who built these bikes at Condor, If I recall they took the geometry from a Orange Clockwork, (not that they would ever admit it.) It is a fantastic looking bike.

If I had to guess a year I would say 1990, I dont know if they copied Clockwork geometry (and when were the clockwork's released - 89?) but it looks fairly standard Brit built geo to me, a little racy p'raps.

Back