Cinelli Tie Died Craziness!

hydorah

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've wanted an Italian MTB for some time now, Colnago, Bianchi or Cinelli

Had to be not just retro but OLD

Anyway came across a very dilapidated Cinelli from around 1987/8

Normally I'm not into refinishing... I was kind of worried the paint in this might be saveable, but happily, it ain't

Take a look at this:

dscf2892.jpg

Makes Klein look positively restrained!

I like the frame, the chainset and the mechs but the rest of it has either had it or is not very pretty it has a Cinelli stem but its, not to my taste

Frame is made of 'Columbus CROMOR' feels good, no rot, fast back seat stays should look lovely when eventually done

dscf2893.jpg

Got to finish my Look Mi 80 first!

Lovley ;)

I have always wanted one of these, and luckilly I have just bagged one on the bay, The Exage mountain LX is pretty cool groupo imo, especially u brake, biopace SIS and L/H index shifter :cool:

Crazy that 2 appear on here in a matter of days :LOL:

Gravy Monster":11k6lwts said:
Lovley ;)

I have always wanted one of these, and luckilly I have just bagged one on the bay, The Exage mountain LX is pretty cool groupo imo, especially u brake, biopace SIS and L/H index shifter :cool:

Crazy that 2 appear on here in a matter of days :LOL:

Absolutely! Are you keeping the whacky paint job?

I agree about Exage... I'm gonna use the brakes but not levers/shifters, I'll use the mechs and hubs and definitely the chainset...

I'm gonna convert mine to 21 speed

The same thing happened with my Saracen e-stay, never saw one on here, then there were like four or something!

Lovely and very rare bike! This one is also on my wish list. It has one of the craziest paint jobs ever :D. I would love to see more pics of the bike. :)

Hmmm

Unsure what to do now

Was gonna strip and refinish in black with gold decals... Pretty much the oppposite of how it stands

But the zany paint job seems to have stuck in peoples' minds from BITD so seems a shame to trash it

Arrgghhh what to do!

That would be cool

That would be cool

Nothing stopping me from building it with the current paint and seeing how it sits...

Yeah good thinking GM

Please no respray, that would be a pity. A decent polish is indeed a good idea.

Back