1997 GT LTS 2000 w/ 1000 rear end + HED

music pusher

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
That subject heading reads a little confusing come to think of it

Anyway, hello retro people.

My 1998 model but purchased in 97 when the 1st batch arrived in the UK.

Originally came with Marzocchi Bombers in white

As soon as I purchased the bike I placed an order for the HED rim which I read about in a US mag, thankfully I placed the order early as HED took 4 months to deliver the blooming thing.

Rob Kitchen, team manager of Animal designed the 7 stem, very rare limited run, I think it cost about £100? at the time. X-lite spacers (which I’ve removed now lowering the front end by 30cm).

Yeti soft foam grips which are so comfortable but prone to movement.

Titec Hell Bent bar, 680mm

Boxxer Pro forks

Hope Big Un front hub and I believe the original Hope disc ? ... I’m getting a little grey in the beard, memory is not what it used to be !!

X-lite Phatso rear rim, DMR chain-glide (dreadful) lol

erm, what else ... ah, new Cane Creek h/set coz the original gave up recently.

DMR V12 pedals, but Wellgo shown on the picture

Original saddle, strange design, not the most comfy, always reminds me of Gonzo :)

XT rear mech, 8 speed cassette

The idea was to purchase a HED the rear, the front came to £350 and they would make the rear for an extra £300(inc hub), and to go to single front ring with the orange circular MRP chain glide but money became really tight.

I used to enter quite a few downhill comps around where I used to live in Worcestershire, the handling was amazing, still is if a little on the heavy side, but if your cycling at the top of a hill with a big cross wind, pray you dont get big air coz the wind used to take the HED wheel along for the ride.

This is still a working bike, gets dirty most w/ends !! ... and it’s nice to have a spare for when friends come up to stay.

Attachments

• phpPo18oUPM.jpg
    phpPo18oUPM.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 771
  • phpc50ZDcPM.jpg
    phpc50ZDcPM.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 771
  • phpFfeYURPM.jpg
    phpFfeYURPM.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 771
  • phpQvTmZzPM.jpg
    phpQvTmZzPM.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 771
:D

Hello matey

Nice to hear some history of the bike, looking forward to pitting mine against yours later on this summer ;)

Back