Cannondale garage find.

Hawmaw

MacRetro Rider
I was walking my dog on Easter Sunday morning when I stopped to blether with my lads pals old man who was gardening. He was showing off his new Spesh full sus and his mint Zascar when I saw a pile of bits lurking in the corner of his garage covered in stoor. It turned out to be an M300 with a Pace fork lying beside it. He tells me that he bought the bike new when at uni and the Pace belongs to his brother in law. The original rigid fork is somewhere among the rubbish in his garage. Anyway , he lets me take the bits home , with a view to negotiating a sale (with or without the Pace which B in L may want back)

A couple of hours later the bike is back together and clean. The colour is metalic aubergine but I touched the few scrapes up with black nail varnish.

The serial number makes it a June 1995.

Obviusly the M300 was the base model but it's still a nice bike. The brakes are Altus cantis , front mech is Alivio , rear is STX. The cranks and seat clamp are Coda. The seat post is Kona Race Lite. The hubs are Acera with Mavic rims. The bull bars are Onza.

What lets it down are the cheap black stem and bars which , as is usualy the case , have deteriorated badly. A nice alloy stem and bars would look much better.

Anyway , enough of a ramble , it's nice just to get an old bike back up and running.

PICT0262.jpg

pict0268.jpg

PICT0267.jpg

Cool

Lovely frame and fork! cool colour

Don't let him charge you a price based on how it looks now you've put effort into it!

BTW I think your front wheel is on the wrong way round, judging by the QR and the tyre tread pattern...

Good luck getting a deal!!!

:LOL: Duty Vulture calling :LOL: Mate i will cut to the chase :LOL: :LOL: ..if you do get it..please would you keep in mind for that seat post..i understand you might not want to sell/or need a replacement{ i hope i make sense} ;)

All the best with negotiations.

Ernie ;)

The seat post is a 1994 Kona O-Beam, which was only fitted to the high-end models. It is most likely a 27.0, and if so it is slightly small for the frame, which originally had a 27.2mm post. It is worth £25 +/-, depending on condition.

You've made a nice job of the frame so far, nobody would ever guess it had been left abandoned for so many years. But I guess it must also be a testament to the basic quality of the Cannondale paint.

Back