For this one I drove a 1000 miles... Jamis Cross Country

Jamis Diablo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you collect Jamis bikes, and there is a crappy ad on the German Ebay for what seems a Jamis Cross Country 1986 in original condition, and it is pick-up only... there is only one thing you can do.
Get up early, fill up your tank and drive a little over 500 miles and back to pick it up.
So that is waht I did yesterday, and I'm not disappointed, it is in fully original state. Tires, grips, sadlle, chainrings, cassette, groupset, everything.

I know Jamis isn't very populair here, so you must think I'm crazy doing this, but I decided to stick with this brand, so can't refuse such an old one.

It has a Tange double butted frameset, Araya gold anno rims, Suntour XC 7000 hubs, mechs and shifters, Tioga Farmer Johns Cousin tires.
The frame had quite some patina, but overall it looks good.
I'm going to dismantle it and give it a good clean and some greasing and make some better pics.

And I have to thank member 'Dread' for his help with bidding on this, as I could not because I'm not German.

p4pb6494478.jpg

p4pb6494476.jpg

I agree, I think that shows some REAL dedication - and who cares if all of the Klein-heads/Fat Chancers/Indy Fab Fanboys on this forum show no love for Jamis?? :cool: :D I think it's cool that you're going "against the grain"... of course, I am also a bit biased because I, too, own a 98 Diablo!!! Love yours - in fact, YEARS back, when I googled Jamis Diablo to look for similar builds to mine (I've owned mine since NOS in 2000), guess which picture popped up? YOURS! :D

I'll see if I can dig up some pics of mine to show you if you're interested... the bike is currently in the states, and I don't know when I'll next see it... but mine has an orange rear triangle... and double crown forks.

Anyhow, this new acquisition... AWESOME~~!!!!!

Before you guys go overboard with calling him crazy or obsessive, just remember that the issue here is (a) whether he wanted the bike (b) what it would cost in terms of eBay price plus petrol. The respective answers being yes and not all that much.
http://cgi.ebay.de/JAMIS-18-SPEED-26-MO ... 0589947553

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I really rather like that. :cool:

It's a very long drive though mate.

Do you have others? If you do can we see them please?

Thanks all for calling it dedication, my colleagues used other words when I told them how I was going to spend my easter sunday ;)

hova":3dp3snv3 said:
I'll see if I can dig up some pics of mine to show you if you're interested... the bike is currently in the states, and I don't know when I'll next see it... but mine has an orange rear triangle... and double crown forks.

Anyhow, this new acquisition... AWESOME~~!!!!!
Thanks, I'd love to see some pics of that.
The ones with the double crown, the DH version is called El Diablo.

mikeekim89":3dp3snv3 said:
Do you have others? If you do can we see them please?
I have a few others, you can see pics of them in my sign, and the topics if you search for Jamis in "readers MTBs-->1997".
There are only a few of them here, some very nice ones from Makster.

I also have this one on its way from the US, a Dakota '88:

$(KGrHqMOKogE1z1gzewJBNnkOmu!8Q~~_3.JPG

Back