1996 Saracen Backtrax

Dossa

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Even the Mrs has jumped on board the retrobike bandwagon :D

Here's her 'feminised' (is that a word?!) '96 Saracen Backtrax, completely original bar some Vuelta USA 1.5" slicks, ODI Ruffian lock on grips, Crud Catcher, DCD and a classic Avocet Gelflex W20 saddle :cool:

Picked it up for her off ebay last weekend and went up to collect it from Kendal on the Sunday - it was your typical 'ebay/Saracen' story of a bike bought several years ago, barely used and subsequently stashed in the garage feeling sorry for itself!

After several days cleaning and polishing its now ready to go and looks as good as new, eh?! The Vuelta's were already on the bike and the seller said the bike also came with "some knobblie tires" which were taken off straight away. Luckily for me they were a pair of Ritchey Alfa and Omega tyres which went on to my Alu 'O' (once all the mould had been scraped off that is...) - result!

Took off the original grips and bar ends and replaced the Ritchey saddle with the Avocet (again, off ebay and costing nearly as much as the bike itself!) and also put on a spare pair of ODI's.

I've loved reading the Saracen Lover's Anonymous thread as well, not seen too many Backtrax on there either so here's one to add :LOL:

S6308673.jpg

S6308676.jpg

S6308674.jpg

S6308675.jpg

S6308678.jpg

S6308677.jpg

;)

Want to get rid??!!

If the Mrs doesn't get on with the Backtrax, I'm another Mrs who's desperate for one! Have a perfectly good Giant which isn't right for me, but my husband's Saracen works a treat, but he won't let me have it!!

Back