GT Forks: what have I bought ?

MADJEZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
These turned up today after quite frankly stealing them on ebay.

Ad said they were off a Pantera. I had hoped they might be Bologna or Bologna Lite (well I can dream) but the dropouts don’t have the chisel cut and GT logo (don’t they have these ?). I have seen 91/92 ish Panteras in bright red, they are quite orangy bright red in the flesh.

Steerer has AK SL 91 stamped in it. They weigh 978 grams (tho steerer only 140).

Anyway just wondering are they any good or just standard GT forks. If they are standard fine I bought practically nothing for them. Just wondered.

20210511.jpg

20210551.jpg

20210617.jpg

Definately 92 Pantera Al Forks, I have them in my one.
Super dooper stiff! Good forks.

Thanks all. I did wonder if they were original Pantera forks or just Gt
forks put on later. Do I take it 91 from the serial no. is the year ?
If so they are damn solid for 20 year old forks !

Anyway just wanted some cheap GT rigids to go on the Backwoods to get
up and running.

FST4RD I actually looked at your pic yesterday when looking.

They'll be much prettier with a bit of paint.

FST4RD":3db73ov1 said:
Definately 92 Pantera Al Forks, I have them in my one.
Super dooper stiff! Good forks.

Definitely not Pantera AL fork. I have a Pantara AL and it has the early version Bologna Lite Fork with GT stamped into the angled cut and it also has a much nicer forged dropout...not the cheapes angle stamped end that the OP's fork has.

Did you trying holding that fork up to some light and see what's stamped on the steer tube an inch or two above the crown. GT had model names or initials stamped in most of their forks.

Perhaps it was an option? When i bought the bike it was 100% original including the forks. Also this is the second pantera al i have seen with these forks.

FST4RD":7cho864u said:
Perhaps it was an option? When i bought the bike it was 100% original including the forks. Also this is the second pantera al i have seen with these forks.

same here for my grey 92 pantera al,

but my pantera al has come with complete shimano group, instead of the catalogue spec of suntour.

Back