super gl 3.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 2,365
  • super gl 2.jpg
    super gl 2.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 2,363
  • super gl 2.jpg
    super gl 2.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 2,363
I can't decide if thats a beautiful bike or the ruins of a collapsed factory, theres certainly lots of metalwork going in all directions!

I'll go with beautiful bike though as its a Bianchi and I won't have a bad word said about anything painted Celeste ;)

Will :)

as far as history, i found it on my local craigslist, thankfully paying 1/10th of its original MSRP of $3400 with full XTR---this one was somewhat stripped of that and replaced with a good tho cheaper "mountain mix"--they at least put XT cranks and brakes on it and it was well taken care of---speced with a judy DH, this had a manitou efc that i swapped with a judy carbon with englunds, NOS LX/specialized Z-21 wheetset, shorter stem and risers to fit me better and my shifter of choice, thumbies---frame is easton elite which was prone to cracking at the lower swingarm pivot area---this one was somehow spared, and the bike will be ridden, but not thrashed like my kona---a semi-garage queen?---its unique/strange/beautiful/ugly for sure--weight??28lbs as is---thanx

Now that's a Four Bar!!
icon_salut.gif

Re: 1997 Bianchi Super G

i just found one of these in Clearwater Florida. Stopped of XTR, with exception of cranks & BB. Clean, but has a neck crack. I'm having a titanium collar machined to surround the cracked area. This worked when my son raced BMX and kept cracking the neck at the top. For $200 it's worth a shot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,031
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,031
I have just received the collar that will go around the top of the neck to reinforce the cracked area. Break down, weld install collar, and paint. Feeling very confident that this will restore the integrity to this bike.

Attachments

• collar1.png
    collar1.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 934
Back