SAM_1121.jpg

SAM_1102.jpg

A quick wash tomorow and we will see what needs doing
:)

Forks finished !
SAM_1739.jpg

And fitted
SAM_1811.jpg

One thing to look out for is that weld is still strong at the junction of the seat stays and the top tube/seat tube.

I am a big fan of the K2 series, great geometry for the day!

Enjoy.

whyterider":szfu5ot3 said:
One thing to look out for is that weld is still strong at the junction of the seat stays and the top tube/seat tube.

Indeed, the 1992 frames had a bit of a reputation for failing there.
1993 saw a redesign solve the weakness.

I also have a soft spot for those old K2 bikes though.

My first one snapped at the seatpost bottom bracket joint, Raleigh replaced it with like for like but un badged one :x :x

It also looks to be a newer model as the rock shox are different to the first Summit I had , the crown was 4 bolt brace this has 2 each side. They will be getting a good going over repaint and service if I can find a pump :) .

put some air in the forks last night and had a quick ride , felt strange with the DX push push STI levers ... but it rode well still got original tyres everything is working apart from my left foot hitting the crank 170mm :LOL:

I've still got mine...

I stumbled across this website yesterday - slightly weird to know that my bike (which I've owned from new) is now considered retro! I've pedalled literally thousands of miles on my Summit over the years, but I now need a fork seal repair kit - particularly the seals in the very top where you insert the pump to put the air in, this is a bit like a hypodermic needle affair and over time the seals have been 'injected' so many times they no longer hold the air - does anyone know if these seals are obtainable and where I might get some? If not, is there another pair of forks which are an easy swap? I need to get back out there... cheers. :D

Latest posts

Back