Marin pine mountain identification...

1duck

Senior Retro Guru
A little help getting an idea of the year on a marin pine mountain? i did post a question asking for the value in the older than 97 section, but having looked at some older threads here i'm starting to be quite confused...the guy i bought it from just described it as an old marin.

Heres a link to the imageshack album...

http://img97.imageshack.us/g/dsci0644.jpg/

I'm sorry if i'm in the wrong part of the forum :oops:

I really don't know! at first i assumed it was post 97 but im starting to think the forks are possibly aftermarket? i really don't know.

pine mountain

based on frame material, colour, decals... i would say 1995.

look here-gallery and archives for marin catalogues. see 1995.

looks like yours has been robbed out somewhat of factory spec parts. but, if it starts and runs. all is well.
the quality tubing should stand that dent but, dont go mad.

its a marin. enjoy it! whats the plan then? any alterations?

Re: pine mountain

marc two tone":1tg37b2a said:
based on frame material, colour, decals... i would say 1995.

look here-gallery and archives for marin catalogues. see 1995.

looks like yours has been robbed out somewhat of factory spec parts. but, if it starts and runs. all is well.
the quality tubing should stand that dent but, dont go mad.

its a marin. enjoy it! whats the plan then? any alterations?

yeah i looked at the parts and assumed someone had cannabalised the good bits!

I was thinking of selling it i just wasn't sure which bit of the forum to offer it up in or what sort of price to ask for. The chainsets are completely shot but it would be nice to sell it to someone who would appreciate it and get some use out of it.

whoops well i advertised it in the for sale section as a 95, had a bit of interest but unfortunately due to circumstances no one could take it off me.

I only wanted 40 for it as well...in a moment of desperate panic to get it out of the door haha

1996 x3. My buddies is still in my attic! He bought it new, (XT & White Indusrites parts) it has maybe 100miles. Truely sad but I don't mind polishing it up and riding it for him now and then! :D

Back