Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 pm 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Sunny Cornwall
Giom6 wrote:
Worth it though as its just how I wanted it...just don't tell the misses :)


But how do you explain all those lovely boxes arriving in the post?
...
...
...
Seriously, please tell me how :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3883
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
Get them all sent to your work address and then store them where she never looks :D

Worked for me, although like most women, I think she knows, she just doesn't say anything until she needs to...

My desk at work looks like a second bike shop at the moment :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6851
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
Giom6 wrote:
but I would really rather go with you to be honest... :D


We must do that.

Not sure how soon the DB will be road, sorry, dirt worthy, but with a little luck the Diabolo should not be too long in the building. Alternatively, there is always my beloved Zaskar.

Ohh, what about a British Steel Social? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:33 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3883
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
NeilM wrote:
Ohh, what about a British Steel Social? :shock:


Great idea, I'm sure there would be a few others interested in that, especially Carl and Adrian. We should try and organise something though. It would be awesome to see all those lovely bikes in one place.

Any new on the DB? Do you know how long it will take for them to do the frame?

I'm still collecting parts for mine so might be a while till I get round to starting it, especially with the Saracen on the go too...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 pm 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Sunny Cornwall
Giom6 wrote:
Get them all sent to your work address and then store them where she never looks :D

Worked for me, although like most women, I think she knows, she just doesn't say anything until she needs to...

My desk at work looks like a second bike shop at the moment :?


Unfortunately I'm only in the office 2-3 days a week and it's often empty for large parts of the day :(

So far I'm just about managing to offset what I'm spending by selling stuff - well within £200-300 anyway :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:40 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3883
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
It is easy to spend lots of money on builds as I'm finding out with the D.O.G.S B.O.L.X but the Saracen i'm doing is going to be cheapish NOS build (hopefully :?), its just having the patience to source the stuff.


Last edited by Giom6 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:47 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6851
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
Giom6 wrote:
Great idea, I'm sure there would be a few others interested in that, especially Carl and Adrian. We should try and organise something though. It would be awesome to see all those lovely bikes in one place.

Any new on the DB? Do you know how long it will take for them to do the frame?

I'm still collecting parts for mine so might be a while till I get round to starting it, especially with the Saracen on the go too...


We've got three threads in the offing here.

DB: They have it, but no news yet. They have my numbers and e-mail address and once the paints been stripped they're going to give me a call... or I'll call them :roll:

BSS: The Diabolo is giving me some small headaches at present, but won't be long, and all things being equal, I should be picking up an Orange P7 this weekend for my son. I don't know where everyone lives, but if we were going to have a gathering and then a decent FUN ride (I'm old and unfit, so you have to allow for my zimmer frame), then I think the Forest of Dean would be a good spot, not least because Daj could probably bring a fleet of Brit steel and it's also just down the road for Sinnerman.

Parts: Many of the DB's part are going to be new (expensive), so slowly but surely is going to be the way. As for my wife, she really doesn't care what I buy, bless her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:55 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3883
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
NeilM wrote:
Giom6 wrote:
Great idea, I'm sure there would be a few others interested in that, especially Carl and Adrian. We should try and organise something though. It would be awesome to see all those lovely bikes in one place.

Any new on the DB? Do you know how long it will take for them to do the frame?

I'm still collecting parts for mine so might be a while till I get round to starting it, especially with the Saracen on the go too...


We've got three threads in the offing here.

DB: They have it, but no news yet. They have my numbers and e-mail address and once the paints been stripped they're going to give me a call... or I'll call them :roll:

BSS: The Diabolo is giving me some small headaches at present, but won't be long, and all things being equal, I should be picking up an Orange P7 this weekend for my son. I don't know where everyone lives, but if we were going to have a gathering and then a decent FUN ride (I'm old and unfit, so you have to allow for my zimmer frame), then I think the Forest of Dean would be a good spot, not least because Daj could probably bring a fleet of Brit steel and it's also just down the road for Sinnerman.

Parts: Many of the DB's part are going to be new (expensive), so slowly but surely is going to be the way. As for my wife, she really doesn't care what I buy, bless her.


BSS: Forest of Dean sounds good to me. I would need to book it well in advance so that my partner has some help looking after the twins. May be we should start a thread in the Rides section and see if anybody is up for it.

Parts: Tell me about it, its turing out more expensive than the Zinn - which wasn't the idea but may be it deserves it – thats how I justify it anyway! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:50 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 827
Location: Mid West Wales
Oooh la la, That is one sexy bike, your attention to detail is exquisite. If I could have an affair with any bike on here, it would be yours. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:01 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:58 am
Posts: 450
Location: Extremadura (España)
Georgeous!!. It´s really nice... Good job!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: borissorin, grarea, Last Exit, pipmeister, Yahoo [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group