Zinn Z-Centaur – Photo update - Page 6

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Right, where to start with this one.

When I had my first summer job I raised enough money to spend £600 on a mountain bike. I was intending to by a Saracen Kili Racer (back in 92) from Halfords but while I was in the shop the guy who worked there said he was selling a bike. He told me about the bike (and the price) and I was intrigued. That day I went to see the bike and it was stunning. It was a Zinn Z-Centaur, blue, with full the Campagnolo groupset. I had to have it and when he said he'd sell it for the same price as the Saracen I bit his hand off.

I looked after the bike religiously for years and kept it for ages. Stupidly, when I moved into a flat a few years a go I sold it on ebay. I have regretted it ever since and ever since I have tried to find another one, which is how I found this site.

After a couple of years of searching I found the same frame from a fellow retrobiker and have been collecting NOS Campag components to rebuild the bike to its original state. The frame does have a dent in the top tube and needs a respray so it will be going to Dave Yates for an overhaul soon.

In the meantime here are a few shots of the frame and components I have sourced in anticipation of getting the frame sorted out. I have also redrawn the decals and will put a picture of them up tomorrow.

I will update the thread as I make progress but I will hopefully get the frame off in the next couple of weeks.

With regards to the decals, does anybody know where I could get them printed as the original decals were on a vinyl that had a pale pattern running through them?

Enjoy

Gio

Attachments

• DSC_1.jpg
    DSC_1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 9,335
  • DSC_6.jpg
    DSC_6.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 9,335
  • DSC_2.jpg
    DSC_2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 9,335
  • DSC_3.jpg
    DSC_3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 9,335
Couple of nice books on graffitti there. Banksy too... :cool:

Build looks like it might be interesting too...

Here are the decals I have redrawn. If anybody has any tips/advice on getting them produced please let me know

Attachments

• Zinn_Decals.jpg
    Zinn_Decals.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9,225
wow, awesome. zinns are super cool. re decals, pm gil_m on here, he should be able to make them for you.

GT-Steve":2db3fyu9 said:
Couple of nice books on graffitti there. Banksy too... :cool:

Build looks like it might be interesting too...

there is also a copy of zinn and the art of mountain bike maintenance on the shelf :)

Back