Sweet smell of ...Pine

captaincosmic

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Rebuilt this fine steed about three weeks ago now and I just love the way it rides...very quick.
It was a cheeky Ebay purchase you know a bid then forget about it sort of thing. I felt a bit guilty as the chap selling it was a great guy into his roadbikes. She has found a good home though.
I intend keeping the patina and just enjoying her as an everyday retro ride. :D

Attachments

• Pine Mountain `93.jpg
    Pine Mountain `93.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,206
Pine

She's a beaut - a 19", right? Always think the 1993 Marin paintwork is some of the most iconic of all.

I was watching this on ebay but I need a 17.5" '93 (to go with the mint '95 Pine I picked up a couple of weeks ago).

Enjoy

looks like a nice clean bike mate......i suspect the owner is very happy.... :cool:

Clean

Still dirty from our Tuesday night ride but very loved I put a new chain on and stripped and cleaned everything and replaced the cables now she rides like new again it had the brake pads mounted upside down front and back so it probably stops better than it used to.
I took a mate for a ride out on the High Peak Trail today and let him ride the pine while I rode the Cannondale and I have to admit I wished I was riding the Marin instead but my friend was too heavy for the Jekyll.
I am still looking for a Team Issue in a 19" but I will probably have to settle for a Kona Explosif to get the Tange Prestige frame unless you know of any other frames in this tubing ?

Very nice bike! Glad she rides good too. I have a 17.5" 95 Team Marin frame that I'm collecting parts for at the moment. Will start a build thread for that one soon :LOL:

Team

Hi Rio
I nearly bought a team earlier this year but it was showing rust spots and the guy wanted £400 for it so I bailed out.
You will just love it although the 17.5" comes up quite small keeps it nice and light though eh ?
The frame on yours is Tange Prestige tubing and it rings like a bell when you flick the top tube...mmm very nice.
My little sister lives in Holland in Venlo whats the riding like there ?( in Holland I mean :LOL: )

Back