1991 Litespeed Mountain Titanium

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Formerly owned by Drewson, when I caught wind, recently, of an impending cull, I had to jump on this. It's one of the most beautiful Ti Builds I'd seen, packed full of Campag groupset, to name but one lovely part of the build.

Anywhoo, we did a deal on the complete frameset, and this is my interpritation of the build, totally non-period with m900XTR and those Magic's, but I'd like to hope I've done it proud.... :oops:

Frame: 91 Litespeed Mountain Ti

Fork: Litespeed Ti

Headset: Chris King twin nut
Stem: Litespeed Ti
Handlebar: Litespeed Ti
Grips: ODI tomac attack
Barends: nope

Brakes: M900 XTR
Brake Pads: christ knows
Brake Cables: XTR outers
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills
Brake Levers: M900 XTR

Shifters: M732 XT
Front Derailleur: M900 XTR
Rear Derailleur: M900 XTR
Derailleur Cables: XTR outers
Cassette: Screw-on 7 speed freewheel
Chain: FSA
Cranks: Ritchey Logic
Crank Bolts: SRP
Chainrings: Pace (pewter)
Chainring bolts: Middleburn green ano
Bottom Bracket: m900
Pedals: Ritchey pro

Hub Skewers: Ringle
Rims: Sun Lite
Hubs: Ringle
Nipples: steel?
Spokes: Stainless
Tyres: Panaracer Magic / IRC Mythos
Tubes: Ritchey WCS

Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: DEAN Ti
Seatpost Binder: Ringle

Weight: sub 23lbs

91_Litespeed_Ti001.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti002.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti003.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti004.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti005.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti006.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti007.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti008.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti009.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti010.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti011.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti013.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti014.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti015.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti016.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti017.jpg

Would like to thank Gil for the DEAN and RitcheyLogic decals, and Drewson for all the hardwork that made this build so simple for me...

Only 1 problem, - A stuck bolt in the rear canti, which hold the cable tight, so need to get a drill out, but otherwise I'm VERY happy with the look :cool:

And for those of you that don't like colourful tyres and saddles, a nice set of IRC mythos and a black Flite from 1991 :cool: :cool: ......

91_Litespeed_Ti018.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti019.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti020.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti021.jpg

91_Litespeed_Ti022.jpg

:p :LOL:

I prefer the black.

That is a very nice bike I have to say. So with this built is the other ti taking a back seat?

I was mentally preparing a 'tactful' post regarding the white components, but you saved yourself with the second set of pictures :p

Hehe, yeah I thought I'd do 2 builds today, to try and please all the people all the time... :p :LOL:

tbh, if you look at the first set of pics, the creamy magics help the frame really stand out. In the second set, it looks a little more 'flat' :? just my own opinion, of course.

I'll stick with black anyway, just thought I'd experiment a little...

As for the McMahon, coomber, it's all systems go. I wish I had the Ti bars to tie-in all the MRC parts, but it'll be completed next week, just needs cabling up, and a chain.. :cool:

I've had a few 400-450mm lengths of housing in the past and they've ended up annoying me with the turnng of the handlebars, so I definitely over-egged it with 600mm lengths this time round... :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Back