GT Xizang - GT RTS - Pro Flex 957 - Marin Mt Vision

gtRTSdh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After seeing all the mirror polished bikes, I thought I had better give mine a clean.

First three
96/97 GT RTS 2 (DH?) - 28lb
newly aquired 97 proflex 957 - 26lb - 27lb with dropper post
My old bike passed on to the Mrs, cheap but strong ally frame great geometry.

dsc03291xw.jpg

dsc03292s.jpg

dsc02008xy.jpg

Proflex 957 Before:

dsc02005wu.jpg

After new shocks and everything else:

20120526075.jpg

And now finally finished, I think:

dsc03243hf.jpg

dsc03242o.jpg

dsc03241n.jpg

This is my Xizang, a 16" '92 U-brake model, I think this small size is quite rare as older bikes all seem to be quite large, not as shiny as some, but I'm not much into polishing!!! I'm experimenting with V-brake levers for the U-brake.

Before:

dsc02369d.jpg

And now, finally complete, 10Kg/22lb as pictured.

dsc03296io.jpg

dsc03324t.jpg

dsc03322x.jpg

dsc03321x.jpg

1997 Marin MT Vision, bought the frame and fork to use up all my spares, all I had to buy was tyres, shifters, grips, bottom bracket and cranks (birthday present from BF), weighs in around 29lbs, my I don't care bike, use it in the rain and the mud and not too worried and crashing it.

dsc03294j.jpg

dsc03293o.jpg

NOS 2008 Trek 1.9 Alpha Triple 19lbs

dsc03298f.jpg

Some fancy lightweight Ti skewers, (I realised that if I'm carrying a tube I'm also carrying allen keys so QR's not needed)

dsc03299q.jpg

dsc03301zq.jpg

Women stems

I like the GT with the alu made rear end.
Your wife likes the handlebar higher than the saddle, mine likes it the same way, i hate it.

Re: Women stems

Retro_Roy":1fnw5e17 said:
hi
love that pro flex.
roy

Thanks, needs a new everything though and the rear shock rebuilding, getting quote's as we speak. . .

Ironv6":1fnw5e17 said:
I like the GT with the alu made rear end.
Your wife likes the handlebar higher than the saddle, mine likes it the same way, i hate it.

Thanks I always wanted an RTS, it rides very well. The Mrs like the 'sit up and beg' position, more confortable for them.

Just a little update, I've got all the parts to build the proflex with and have a puncture fixed. I binned it's old seat as it was ripped and forgot to weigh it, but the old post weighed 310g and the new post/saddle combo 400g!!! so that alone has probably saved 200g on it's own, although I've no intention of building down to a light weight spec I was amazed by this!

bwhsh8r":1y2i2wff said:
gtRTSdh":1y2i2wff said:
Look what arrived in the post today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brand Spanking new!!

I'm jealous!! You have a beautiful 957 :D

Thanks!! although it's still missing it's pedals because the road bike pedals haven't turned up!!!!

Am liking the bikes,both gt's look the nuts!
I was thinking about putting magura's(raceline on my 93 rts-1) the yellow on them would look good with the yellow/black decals.

Back