1992 GT Pantera AL

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
bought this a couple of weeks back, and have so far thrashed it around haldon hill a couple of times, never let me down,

Attachments

• IMAG0026 [800x600].jpg
    IMAG0026 [800x600].jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 10,110
i got one of those matt
brilliant alloy GT , accelleratre like a dragster
pantera.jpg

Have one too...the other flat cap frame. Haven't decided hoe to build it up. It's been hanging a year or so, too many others in front of it right now.

Attachments

• DSC09965.JPG
    DSC09965.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 10,053
looks great, i like it! what happened to the "AN" on your downtube decal? did it get scratched or something?

Nice silver Pantera in the original post. Riding buddy of mine had an identical bike back in the day - what does one of them go for these days?

picked it up for a measly 41 quid (plus a 250 mile around trip - lol - new car so enjoyed the drive)

I had to replace the tires as sidewalls shot altho plenty of grip,

replaced the seat q/r and seat, nailed the sti setup when replaced the gear cables - kept the brake cables as 2mm chunky ones, but changed to yoke on front.

Interesting gact, the catalogue says full suntour groupset, but o have a complete shimano groupset

my mates brother had an identical one, bought cuz he liked the look of my 1992 outpost and he got it discounted due to a fire at the bike store (ralph coleman cycles)

hey Matt, what a coincidence - I picked up a silver Pantera frame just like yours the other week. Mine cost £2.20 with some bits but it had damage due to chainsuck which I've repaired with chemical metal. In process of building up now.
Trouble is I bought a 99p Saracen Ltd Ed with stuck seatpost last night (collecting from Blandford this week) so in danger of having too many projects.
The Dyna-Tech now has a proper rear mech instead of that "XTR" thanks to the ingenuity of someone on here who came up with the brilliant fix of drilling & tapping the mech bolt so a m5 flat headed Allen bolt can screw in from the inside of the dropout. Ideal.
Roll on the next SW meet. Devon Dirt event, now shortened to about 41 miles on 17th April is my next target.

Jimbo I was going to bid on that saracen but forgot thanks for saving my bacon as the mrs wouldnt have been impressed as there is definately no room at the inn!

Sorry for hijack!

Back