Fat Chance Shock A Billy 94 Aquafade

northerndave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
More details to follow but this is my current project in a thrown together build..
Old Build:
DSC_5567.jpg

July 2011 Build:
DSC_7074.jpg

So as some of you probably know I'm a but if a sucker for Fats. Currently there's a Yo and 2 Bucks in the hoard. I decided earlier this year to basically find another Fat build. I sold up a heap of stuff I'd been saving for a rainy day including my lovely Orange Prestige and a few modern bits. Money in the PP I put out the wanted ad. Not much movement until I got a nudge from DrS that Kaiser was selling his SAB. A few phone calls and PM’s to a very nice Kaiser (thoroughly good chap BTW) later we got a deal worked out and the frame was making its way southwards from sunny Scotland to grey London.

I wasn’t 100% sure what the build was going to be really but I figured it was going to have to be pretty top notch. Planned mostly M900 and I figured I’d probably go blue/green ano.

As a bit of inspiration I remembered from back in the day a review of Clive Goslings SAB, one of the first SAB’s to land in the UK, so I tried to dig this out. Et Voila...

DSC_5573.jpg

DSC_5575.jpg

This was my starting point, more to come later, too sunny to be sitting infornt of my Mac.

DSC_5568.jpg

DSC_5569.jpg

DSC_5570.jpg

DSC_5571.jpg

Gone are the Mag21's. Gonna be dropping some Judy's on there. I've not really liked the Mags since I fitted them, they just aesthetically don't work for me. Ideally I think I'll try and pick up some 95 XC's

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Nice, cool, etccccccccccccccccccc.
My God

FWIW I was also going to use Judys, I'd tried a pair of yellow SL's and the cream and red XC. Both looked good.

Back