Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:25 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 694
Location: Norway
Hi

Thanks for this great story!

I guess for most of us on this forum, restoring our past golden memories is what this is all about.

I too used to love my bike back in the 90's. However I never owned the bike of my dreams, a Klein (attitude or Adroit). So I searched for one for a long time and finally found it and will build it up according to how I wanted it back then.

Reading your story (an looking at the great pic's) is really an inspiration. The story is personal and give a real insight to the love you felt for your bike.

So thanks so much for that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:18 am 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:37 pm
Posts: 5716
Location: Groningen, Netherlands
HK-II wrote:
stumpjumper1990 wrote:
That's very nice! You got my vote for BOTM!


Thanks! Votes are like hen's teeth!

Still trying to decide on 2nd pic - leaning towards either cranks, headset or front close up view.... Have you got any preferences?

Good selection of Fisher's in your shed too.


2nd pic is not important! Just try to get a real nice and sharp first pic for the voting! A good picture will get some votes! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 am 
Old School Hero

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 245
Location: Christchurch, NZ
mkaavin wrote:
Hi

Thanks for this great story!

I guess for most of us on this forum, restoring our past golden memories is what this is all about.

I too used to love my bike back in the 90's. However I never owned the bike of my dreams, a Klein (attitude or Adroit). So I searched for one for a long time and finally found it and will build it up according to how I wanted it back then.

Reading your story (an looking at the great pic's) is really an inspiration. The story is personal and give a real insight to the love you felt for your bike.

So thanks so much for that!


Glad you enjoyed. Yeah I remember my mother being surprised that I wanted to spend my cash on a bike rather than a car.

Now my wife shakes her head when she catch's me sitting there smiling at my bike....cause it's often in the lounge!

Looking forward to seeing your Klein - I have always loved these too. Especially as my best mate raced a Purple Quantum in 1990 which I thought was the ducks nuts.

Good to build both what you had as well as your dream aspirational bike.

Think mine is a KHS Montana Team - courtesy of spending too many hours at The Chain Gang.

Thanks

LT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 am 
Old School Hero

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 245
Location: Christchurch, NZ
stumpjumper1990 wrote:
HK-II wrote:
stumpjumper1990 wrote:
That's very nice! You got my vote for BOTM!


Thanks! Votes are like hen's teeth!

Still trying to decide on 2nd pic - leaning towards either cranks, headset or front close up view.... Have you got any preferences?

Good selection of Fisher's in your shed too.


2nd pic is not important! Just try to get a real nice and sharp first pic for the voting! A good picture will get some votes! :wink:


Thanks Bart

Ran out of time. While building always planned a photo shoot before entering BoTM then thought just get it in there and remember rule 13....

Will still get a photo shoot done for the build thread.

PS Congrats on last month with that crazy beast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:20 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 694
Location: Norway
HK-II wrote:
mkaavin wrote:
Hi

Thanks for this great story!

I guess for most of us on this forum, restoring our past golden memories is what this is all about.

I too used to love my bike back in the 90's. However I never owned the bike of my dreams, a Klein (attitude or Adroit). So I searched for one for a long time and finally found it and will build it up according to how I wanted it back then.

Reading your story (an looking at the great pic's) is really an inspiration. The story is personal and give a real insight to the love you felt for your bike.

So thanks so much for that!


Glad you enjoyed. Yeah I remember my mother being surprised that I wanted to spend my cash on a bike rather than a car.

Now my wife shakes her head when she catch's me sitting there smiling at my bike....cause it's often in the lounge!

Looking forward to seeing your Klein - I have always loved these too. Especially as my best mate raced a Purple Quantum in 1990 which I thought was the ducks nuts.

Good to build both what you had as well as your dream aspirational bike.

Think mine is a KHS Montana Team - courtesy of spending too many hours at The Chain Gang.

Thanks

LT


From what year would you search for a KHS? I used to work in bike shop from '94-96 and we also had KHS. I seem to remeber that we had team bikes from both 93 and 94. The 93 was blue and pink and the 94 was dark green. The 93 was however far better equipped with M900 all around as far as I can remember.

I just got the Attitude a couple of weeks ago and have so far just stripped it so now the frame is in our bedroom (my GF havent said anything....yet) waiting to be build up.

I'm not sure how to build it. I want it to be period correct and since it's a '95, it came with both M900 and M737 if I'm not mistaken. I have more or less complete M737 lying around but I may want to build my Fervor with this. That means that I will probably use the next months searching for M900 stuff for the Attitude. I have Levers/shifters but I need everything else. That is.........I have an M900 crank but it's fairly well used and lack decals. Should find a better one. I also have a nos front mech but in the wrong size.

When I have all the stuff I need I will start a building post for it. :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:52 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 245
Location: Christchurch, NZ
mkaavin wrote:
From what year would you search for a KHS? I used to work in bike shop from '94-96 and we also had KHS. I seem to remeber that we had team bikes from both 93 and 94. The 93 was blue and pink and the 94 was dark green. The 93 was however far better equipped with M900 all around as far as I can remember.

I just got the Attitude a couple of weeks ago and have so far just stripped it so now the frame is in our bedroom (my GF havent said anything....yet) waiting to be build up.

I'm not sure how to build it. I want it to be period correct and since it's a '95, it came with both M900 and M737 if I'm not mistaken. I have more or less complete M737 lying around but I may want to build my Fervor with this. That means that I will probably use the next months searching for M900 stuff for the Attitude. I have Levers/shifters but I need everything else. That is.........I have an M900 crank but it's fairly well used and lack decals. Should find a better one. I also have a nos front mech but in the wrong size.

When I have all the stuff I need I will start a building post for it. :-)


Classic. My HK-II spent a lot of time in the bedroom (even on the wifes side of the bed), but I didn't want to say that on here.

...She often brings up the fact that it was on her side!

Yeah I'm in love with the pink and blue KHS Montana Team.

It can take a while to find the build kit. Would imagine M900 is the way to go - but it will take longer and cost more. Depends what you want for it, how many other bikes you plan to build and how soon you want it ready.

Can always build it up use it and replace parts as you find them. This is my current strategy. I have a couple of worn sets of M900 cranks and plan to get them polished for upcoming builds.

Look forward to seeing it when its time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:24 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 694
Location: Norway
Well, I think that the Fervor will be built up with the 737 so I will probably spend the next months (or whatever it takes) to find M900 stuff in good condition. I also need to find a NOS set of 217SUP rims and decide what hubs to use.

I only have these two bikes (no room for more since I also have 3 newer bikes and live in an aparment :-) ). I guess the Fervor will go first and be finished this summer. The Attitude will proabably be finished during the winter and be ready for next summer (I hope). I think I want to finish the bike with the desired parts before using it. If I build it with what I have then I might not finish the build like i want it.

About your KHS dream bike, I have seen a few of them in this forum so I guess they are available depending on what size you need. They are beautilful bikes and I remeber that in the shop we liked the '93 a lot more than the '94.

I never did ride the '93. I did however ride the '94 in a large size (21 inch I think or maybe it was 19?)......anyway, it turned out to be to weak for me (I'm 6,2 and wheighed almost 200 pounds at the time) so I bought alu frames back then instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kingoffootball and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group