mrlee

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
at last i have my dream bike (i was 14)
picked this up off the bay recently for 70 quid and its lovely, its been used on the road most of its life so is quite tidy, most of the original kit is still there too like the complete lx/dx groupset , chain cassette and wheels, rope style inner cables and sti's and grips , he also managed to find the original bars for it too , it has a campag rear u brake which i will keep for now and the seat and post need melting down into an ashtray, i have located some original z max's in black and i already have a gel cel saddle.
paint: so far i have found 5 small chips 2 small rust spots and the decal on the down tube needs attention also the paint around the cranks has slightly faded. so i guess it needs a right good scrub and a service a few parts and jobs a good un,
cant wait to get out on this to compare it to my 91 tequesta ,i will post some close ups soon, cheers,
Lee.
IMAG0568.jpg

awesome! i think 1991-1992 are two of the best years in terms of GT's mountain bike product line. these bikes were really bold and confident. they started to tone down after this....

thanks all ,cheers mikee , its going back to stock well as close as ,
the bars have come today :cry: there steel and abit rusty , i will fit for now but i dont think they will be staying on also need to have the seat post stripped and coated , z max's are on order , headsets a tad rusty just needs painting , im going for a test ride on sunday so it should be more clear then , but if it rides like the tequesta which is excellent if a bit small it will become my no2 rigid bike(replacing my trek930) well at least untill the smokestones completed
IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0578.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0577.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

IMAG0580.jpg

IMAG0575.jpg

some more soon.

merckx":z9xlcq3x said:
awesome! i think 1991-1992 are two of the best years in terms of GT's mountain bike product line. these bikes were really bold and confident. they started to tone down after this....

Totally agree with you there.

Nice bike mrlee :8

really really shit day today lee , but as sad as i am thatmade me feel better ,that is really sweet

btw kaya knows why

Was that the one on eBay a couple of weeks ago? I really wanted to buy it but it was a bit too far for me to travel to pick it up. :-(
First dibs if you sell it please!! ;-)

Back