Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:40 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:35 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

The shape of that frame says it will climb like a goat and be fast as hell on singletrack. Needs commitment though, I like it in the black as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 pm 
Retro Guru

We had a black 1991 Attitude in our shop back in the day. It was a XL and I think of it often. Damn, only if I made more than $4.50 per hour?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:08 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

It has to be an early 1991 because they never made a size 19" Klein Small in 1990, they changed to the rounded unicrown forks in that year as well.

I bid on this myself upto £700 but i really just wanted the box forks, so if you wanted to trade for some unicrowns and some extra £ let me know :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:21 am 
Retro Guru

@serottabob - It does look great, and black is lovely but the dolomite is the dream.. I will be on the hunt over the next years for another Klein, and will experiment with colours on that, but i NEED a dolomite :) and this frame fits the bill perfectly.

@drcarlos.. I was really torn with thumbies, really like them and was hunting a set, but the STi came up first so purchased them. I will buy a set of TS maybe for this one later on or the next project.

@Tazio, I also have that felling it will be quick, I rode it a little in the week to try it out, and it fly's! that was just on road though, but even still.

@thesneaker.. thanks for clearing that up, i will now tell everybody its a 1991 :) Unfortunatly the box forks is part of the bike i like, but if i ever change my mind will let you know first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 pm 

Sparkzz wrote:
@drcarlos.. I was really torn with thumbies, really like them and was hunting a set, but the STi came up first so purchased them. I will buy a set of TS maybe for this one later on or the next project.

I made this mistake with my Sorcerer, but have now corrected it with DX Thumbies and Levers, the STi's did get me out and riding it while I waited for the correct stuff to come up though.

Carl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:59 pm 
Retro Guru

nice bike, you don't see black ones at all, if i was my bike i would keep it the way it is (repainting a Klein is a big no no). You could source some nice parts and swap them over when you find the dolomite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:19 pm 
Retro Guru

Yeah I know what your saying, and dont get me wrong i agree!.. but its in such tatty condition, it looks really worn and tired. I cant leave a Klein in that condition so will need a paint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:55 pm 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner

nice and rare in this color ! 8) 8)
Yes, 90, or beginning of 91 with the fork with shoulders :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:26 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider

Well done winning this on the bay. I quite fancied this but didn't have enough funds at the time. My plans would of been to keep the black paint and do a red ano build on it for the time being then change it to a dolomite later on. Totally understand why you want the dolomite colour scheme though, they do look awesome. Looking forward to the update's already. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:27 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Problem is peeps keep respraying them the 'popular' colours, which is to my mind devaluing the brand.

It is a relief to see one that has not had this treatment!

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next