1st Project - Klein Attitude

Sparkzz

Retro Guru
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Klein Attitude from eBay. I owned a Klein Rascal when I was 15, and to this day really gutted i let that one get away!!. Ever since always wanted another, and the last couple of years really trying to get my hands on one either in immaculate condition or a "do me upper".

Getting this one home and it needs a lot of work, but i got plenty of ambition for this.

I think its a year 1990 and it measures 18" from Centre of BB to top of seat tube, which is perfect for me, but cant believe how low down the front end is compared to my other bikes, any one else notice this?. I need to raise the stem up and inch or so.

The Stem bolt has snapped so at work I will be making a Titaninum bolt and stem wedge to replace these parts

Pictures:

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

First plans for it:

1) Bought XT STi shifters to replace the LX ones,

2) Built Mavic wheels with XTR hubs, and a brand new 7 speed cassette

3) Need to replace the XT seatpost with a 400mm long post, sadly will have to be modern. The Syncros one will be nice.

4) New Grips

5) Will replace the XT rear mech, and chainset but with the same better condtion, as these are quite scratched up.

6) The biggest mod will be the most exciting in trading Black for Dolomite by Jon.

I will be fulfilling a teenage'hood dream by building this bike, cant wait for it to be complete!!

lol Yeah,

When my mate picked it up, the guy said he had loads of offers off ebay for it, one guy from abroad saying he will fly over with cash, requests in from USA, a big offer for him to send it overseas. Strange as I didnt really have a fight on the bidding in the auction, only one bidder upping his offer to get closer.

Must have been meant to be :D

I'd agree with the colour choice, if I had one it would have to be Dolomite, although I am liking HLF more and more.
I would also say it has to have XT Thumbies rather than STi, but that's just me and all 3 of my retro bikes use thumbies now.

Carl.

me too.....i understand the dolomite thing and its your choice but the black with white decals looks great!....

Back