help! What year is this Tequesta?

davevo

Retro Newbie
Pulled this little Gem out the garage the other day... it's been sitting there for years (at least the last 10) and was going to put it up for sale, but since I've managed to sell off two other frames and finish off the LTS, I've decided to keep it...

Some specs:
- Large frame
- Araya rims with Exage hubs (I have another set of Mavic 217SUPs with XTR hubs)
- Deore XT thumb shifters
- Suntour brake levers
- Front brakes - Exage Mountain

A few questions -
- What year is the bike? I haven't seen another Tequesta with the U-brakes on the bottom of the chainstay
- Is everything original on the bike? It actually had an Orange seat as well, but that was stolen I had the seat on my DBR V-Link stolen. But as far as I can see the scheme looked original, but have never seen another one like it...
- What's with the profile bars?

All I anticipate on doing with the bike is stripping it down and giving it a good clean, then putting it back together as my commuting bike :)

Attachments

• IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 732
I'd say 1988, possibly 1987????

Only ever seen one before, get it cleaned up......... nice bike

RBG

A big Tequesta fan here. I shouldn't like it, not my colour, far too big, very questionable handlebar colours, but, but , but I really like it!
Clean it up, keep it standard, ride it. What could be better?

edit: 200 posts!! Woo hoo!

thanks! It's on the larger side for me too... I'm only 5'11, but I'm happy to use it as a commuter... I've got other bikes to ride on the trails...

I'll spend the next few weeks to clean it up and put some slicks on it, and it'll be as good as new :D

tequesta.

wow! that triple triangle thing has been running forever. late eighties alright, shimano 'deer head' mechs aswell. 1988 seems to be a good date to attach to that bike with the 'sakae' style stem.

ought to make a good bike with loads of retro cred. good stuff.

Back