Another zaskar build. 91 ? Stripped but not dead

8690q

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I got this frame off of here for a bargain and started sticking a few bits on it.

Excuse the yellow headset but it came off the same bike that gave up it's forks. Forks and headset are temporary hopefully. I'm on the lookout for something a wee bit longer, lighter and with a longer steerer.

I've tried a 27.2 seat post in the frame but it doesn't go in to far before getting really tight. I'm geussing it's a 27.0 ?

I need a seat post clamp, seat post, seat, 31.8 down pull dx front mech, some cables and a wee hanger to bolt to the forks ( I currently dont have enough steerer to fit one on the fork steerer) then I'm done and we'll hit the trails :D

What do you think so far ?

100_0503.jpg

100_0504.jpg

Not sure on the forks. They have Magura mount's and disc mount's so possibly not p bones.

They do look like similar though.

They came off my trials bike so they might be forks from one of the trials crowd Mission, Onza or DDG ?

Whatever they are I don't really like them on this frame.

I have a pantera al of the same year which is probably exactly the same frame, well they look identical from all the ones I have seen... Very nice frames, but very stiff!
Yeah 27.0 post for it.

looking like progress :) a buff with autosol would bring it up a treat, and a set of re-pro 91-92 stickers....noice.

i like the DX spec, thats nice stuff..what i had on my very first proper MTB.

some standard cr-mo GT rigid forks would be nice, in black.

27.0 is the post size for mine..its a 95 model.

So glad this has gone to a good home, and is going to be used. A true rescue of a frame from a desperate place and soon to be back on the trails.
I am scouring the local scrapyards for more of these! ;-)

I like the yellow headset! See if you can find a couple of other yellow bits and go for a silver, yellow and black build?

Back