Yeti Pro FRO (Tomac Stylee) Pics updated 13.10.08

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Okay, so here it is – My Yeti Pro FRO, built Tomac stylee!!

Sure it won’t be to everybodies taste, it not exactly period specific and I certainly won’t be calling it a replica (yet) but I’m pretty damn happy with the result so far.

My inspiration, other than being a huge JT fan – met the guy a few times and saw his ’90 Worlds bike at Cyclex ’91 - was the thread earlier this year What is THE MTB holy grail and what is YOUR holy grail

Along with some others I said Tomes ’90 WC bike, downhill version. Then I decided to post a Yeti Frame Wanted thread – never thought I’d find one my size. In the same week Woody goes and posts pictures of his Yeti Sisters. I made him an offer, thought he’d say no! 5 months later and with lots of help and inspiration from my retrobiker buddies I’m here.

As I said – it’s complete but nowhere near finished. Here’s the spec – read below for my wanteds. Further help appreciated from all you guys and girls – maybe one day it’ll have earned the right to be called a replica??

Frame 1992 Yeti Pro FRO 20â€

Attachments

• yeti 1 (Large).JPG
    yeti 1 (Large).JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 5,064
  • yeti 3 (Large).JPG
    yeti 3 (Large).JPG
    75 KB · Views: 5,064
  • yeti 2 (Large).JPG
    yeti 2 (Large).JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 5,064
:cool:

nothing near what i expected , nice refreshing change from the blue ringle

excellant

Just how i remember his with the drop bar :D must have been well :shock: on fast down hills

Back