Muddy Fox Sorcerer

dr nick

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
talknig to a friend recently I happened to metion the Overbury's pioneer frame & fork I'd bought from this here parish, and was bemoaning the fact that my plan to get a ridable bike had fallen by the wayside...

"Oh, I've got a old mountsin bike you can have, I was going to takie it to the tip."

Great methinks I can use it for bits and sell or karma the frame and fork and whatever else I don't need.

So the friend emails me saying "Sorry I've lost the back wheel, do you stil want it and this isn't the actual bike but it looks like this"....

bike.jpg

and here's what it really looks like.

sorcerer.jpg

Tange infinity cro-mo and mountain lx shifters.
I'm loving the paw print embossed into the seat cluster lug and the needlessly ornate brazing around the bottle cage bosses.

As it arrived except for: a back wheel slooted in for the pic; a different saddle; & a quick clean up.

One of the thumbies has broken and they're intergrated so I'll throw on the thumbies and levers from this

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 45#1069045

Plans are to source a back wheel, some yellow cables, perhaps yellow brake blocks and new grips, new tyres, a decent service, maybe a sohrter stem, and then ride it... although dirt drops with bar end shifters - just so I could use some really lary yellow and blue bar tape - are calling out "do it" to me

I'm a happy boy! especially as i've just seen the thread about the one on ebay recently

I'm feeling the Muddy Fox love... :D

Amazing what some people will throw away. That is a decent condition, obviously not up to the one in the other thread (that is almost mint) that I was admiring again yesterday, but nice none the less. That one must be the 21" frame, ideal for a bit of canal path work.

Carl.

Back