1993 Kona Hot-"RASTA-FIED" **Finished** See page 2

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
For me the golden age of MTB starts around the time that the first anodized bits and bobs started to show up in my LBS. I can remember going up to the glass counter and having the sales clerk push me away after a minute or 2 so they could wipe up the drool that had spread across the top.

I started this project with that memory in mind. I thought about what parts I always wanted but never could afford or never bought and what colors I always liked. It was hard to pick a color so I picked 3.:)

Rasta! It really started when I picked up a pair of Rasta Kooka cranks and I thought it would be cool to build a bike around them. So…..2 years later this is where I am.

I am still waiting for the Hubs, gold CK, and brakes, Rasta Paul Levers and green and red Paul MC’s, which both should be here by the beginning of April. I was going to built it with the Red Kooka levers and Red Machine Tech brakes but we will see when the Paul’s show up.

I put a before photo so you could see what I started with. The paint turned out great. Granny Apple Sparkle.:)

More to come…………

Attachments

• IMG_3324_1.JPG
    IMG_3324_1.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 5,224
  • IMG_3323_1.JPG
    IMG_3323_1.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 5,223
  • IMG_3322_1.JPG
    IMG_3322_1.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 5,224
  • 1 week ago.JPG
    1 week ago.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 5,224
Thats one garden gate of a frame :LOL:

Love the green paint tho', very understated :LOL: :cool:

It really shouldn't work, but does!
One of the most stunning colour combinations I've seen. Love that shade for the frame and forks, and the cranks are just awesome!

Where are you sourcing all those Paul's components?

There was a guy in Finland selling all this.

The right lever is a little faded and I am going to see how the green and red brakes work but I am hoping for the best.:)

Attachments

• pauls.jpg
    pauls.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5,150
Back