OZultimate

krispy

Dirt Disciple
...so this thread starts a little way into the build, but here goes:

Short story is back in 1989 when I had a subscription to MBA, the Ultimate emerged from the May/June issues as "the bike of the future" and I wanted one.

So about the same time as Mike found his ultimate Ultimate late last year, I lwas also looking around for one. I eventually found Erkans' website and convinced him to part with his Ultimate, including accu-trax, atac, seatpost binder and xc-pro GG BB (packed really well, 5 days airfreight from Sweden to Australia... can't thank him enough)

The 1991 (probably) frame has the original "purpleish" powdercoat and graphics and is in excellent condition. Both fork and stem are also original paint, also in great condition.

The spec as follows:
Ultimate magenta/purple/whatever
Accutrax and atac black
King gripnut headset black
Hyperlites black
grips are current ODI's, but looking for some white ODI attacks
Campy Euclid groupset and chainrings
Onza HO cantilevers with koolstop pads
Bullseye hubs, dt spokes and mavic rims
bullseye cranks white with new style bullseye outboard bearing BB
Onza porc's
Thomson seatpost (I know, not authentic, but had one in the cupboard so it is in)
Flite saddle black (looking for a white one...)

unlike Mike's ultimate Ultimate, my Ulimate will be a mix of standard Yeti parts and bits and pieces I fancied at the time... I'm curious to see how they perform.

Frame is getting HT and BB faced for new HS and BB, and just waiting on the wheels to get built.

Stay tuned

PS anyone got tips on uploading decent photo's? I'll add a few more when I work it out...

Attachments

• 20110321 016_small.jpg
    20110321 016_small.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,337
for better pics you'll need to upload your pics to a picture hosting site.
i myself use http://tinypic.com ( i like tinypic as it gives many options for resizing and also gives you a link including the img code)

once your pics are uploaded take the link it gives you (should be one for forums with

Hey Krispy. Nice start to what will undoubtedly be a beautiful build!

I have a pair of practically unused Yeti FRO tyres (IRC tyres with Yeti decals) that you can have (for free). Perfect tread but the sidewalls are a bit perished. I've inflated them & they look fine to use.

Also, if you need any odd bits or any mechanical assistance, let me know.

Let's get some better pictures already! ;) I use photobucket for mine.

Your build spec isn't too different than what I used on my Ultimate (excluding the Campy groupset and Onza brakes :) ). I considered white grips on mine, but thought it might be a tad too much. What color Bullseye hubs are you going with?

Arran; let me know via pm where you are in Melbourne. I'll swing past some time and collect the karma! We can have a chat about any return karma.
...plus I NEED to see that Valkyrie, if you don't get one, I will.

Mike; bullseyes are silver shells and black flanges, black DT spokes, silver nipples and black mavics.

Yes, better pics when I get a chance. Cheers all.

Back