MERLIN ´96

trip

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hello, finally I have finished mounting it! I bought it in ebay months ago, along with the fork, and two pairs of wheels with White Industries titanium hubs.
I had serious doubts of like mounting it, in fact I began it to mount with a blue Proshift kit, that had shifters, rear and front mech, brake levers, qr´s Grafton, all blue and NOS, but in the end I have built it up with XTR m900, except for cranks and headset. The truth is that I have never liked the first gen xtr cranks, thus once chosen the Caramba, for the headset, there was no other election.
The pedals are the mythical 737, and in the same way that the hubs, headset, shifters, wheels, tires, caset, etc. are NOS. It has not been easy to find as much XTR vintage without releasing, but it has been worth the trouble.
I hope that you like, here go the photos.
Regards

Attachments

• DSC01778.JPG
    DSC01778.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 2,102
  • DSC01780.JPG
    DSC01780.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,102
  • DSC01779.JPG
    DSC01779.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,102
more pics

A few more pics

Attachments

• DSC01777.JPG
    DSC01777.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 2,098
  • DSC01783.JPG
    DSC01783.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,098
  • DSC01776.JPG
    DSC01776.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,098
  • DSC01781.jpg
    DSC01781.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,098
Well done. Love the orange Carambas :D I think you should put some more orange. Maybe orange Flite and Roox Danny's Stem.

therapy

Yay! Another Merlin! Nice, what you did with the orange bits and that lovely
Caramba! I agree, orange Roox would be lovely ;)

One side of the decals have been removed? Think I saw some downtube decals floating around in the classifieds..

Trip, the Merlin looks fabulous! :cool: Congratulations on the great bike, I dig the NOS XTRs very much. Since the parts are NOS, would you be riding this or is she a Garage Queen ?
While I'm not a big fan of mango orange, I have to say that it looks refreshingly different...

Your build gives me some ideas for building up my '94 Merlin. Maybe I'll use Umma Gumma tyres as well and also the FSX fork from the S-Works might find its place on Merlin...

Look´s great. :shock:

Never tought of orange components on titanium, but make´s a good combination. I have some silver Caramba´s , but those orange... :shock: :shock:

Great work, great bike. Congratulations.

Cheers

Nice bike but OH SO POOR PHOTOS!

You havent done that bike justice - I want to see some clearer pics!! :) Love the orange ano stuff. More!

;)

Latest posts

Back