Klein Sunburst Build now Finished

any123

Retrobike Rider
Its here and i cant wait to see what jon rock will do with this baby. Its staying the same colour and i await my NOS m952 groupset to arrive.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks andy

this going to be good

jon does fantastic paint jobs

really looking forward to this build

stubbsy :D

why M952? the v-brakes won't go on the back without an adaptor or drilling and chainset isn't square taper, it has to be M900 :?

thesneaker":1gypz593 said:
why M952? the v-brakes won't go on the back without an adaptor or drilling and chainset isn't square taper, it has to be M900 :?

i forgot the chainset m952 cant go on i will have to dig out an after market nice chainset with taper god knows what.

im not quite sure why the v brakes wont go on but i have heard people butchering a beautiful bike to get these on. i will have to consider cantis.

Looks like i will have to get on the trail of NOS m900 i feel that is going to take a while to find.

M952 will have to go on my merlin that i am aquiring.

Its all to much for me im going back to bed.

thanks andy

The paint doesn't look so bad to me.
Imho spot repair is the better way.
There is no need to destroy an original...

And of course it has to be XTR900.

Is there a lot of chain suck? The stem looks the worst to me.

Will be watching this build... :D

It is in a bad way the pics dont show the fade and the scratches. it needs new bearings and seals. There is bubbling of the paint and there no way i could justify building this without a nice re-spray its to far gone in my eyes and also once it has been sand blasted or whatever they do i will be able to see if there are any hairline fractures. dealt there will be but kleins are fragile frames if you dont treat them nicely.

defo sticking with sunburst though.

thanks andy

any123":r7w948c6 said:
It is in a bad way the pics dont show the fade and the scratches. it needs new bearings and seals. There is bubbling of the paint and there no way i could justify building this without a nice re-spray its to far gone in my eyes and also once it has been sand blasted or whatever they do i will be able to see if there are any hairline fractures. dealt there will be but kleins are fragile frames if you dont treat them nicely.

defo sticking with sunburst though.

thanks andy

You can't tell from the picture. You have the right guy painting it. His work is amazing.

Back