95 db Apex

buzzman940

Retro Newbie
New to the forum.

Have had this bike since new. Rescued it (relaimed it from in laws) and have been making plans to return my first "proper" Mountain bike to something more usable.

Bought it after seriously getting the bug riding (hammering) a sale bargain bike that I had for eight months before this. (i'd love to find one of them too)

It has been used over the years but never really got as much out of it as I could have!

I have all the original parts for it apart from the front fork and canti's.

Got them replaced with a front sus fork in 05 and stupidly didnt ask to keep the original parts (god knows why not )...

So hoping to get it sorted and back out on the trails this summer.

Will try post images of the bike soon????

Got them replaced with a front sus fork in 05 and stupidly didnt ask to keep the original parts (god knows why not )...

Oops!...I'm guessing the new forks are a little long for it and have slowed the handling somewhat.

'95 Apex, is it the matt blue one, really like that finish, or the red? pics please!

Its the Matt blue.

Like the colour, the frame is in pretty good nick for a bike of that age.

It has a little battle scar that its had since the fist day i rode it where the bolt from the Onza bar ends scraped accross the top tube when I went head over the bars at about 2 miles an hour.

Very minor. Just as well it was in the days before Camera phones and Youtube!

Will get the photos up soon.

jango":62c10txo said:
Oops!...I'm guessing the new forks are a little long for it and have slowed the handling somewhat.

'95 Apex, is it the matt blue one, really like that finish, or the red? pics please!
I've got two in the matt blue - one completely stock, the second, sort of more of a hack build.

I've also got a pair of the stock forks in the red colour (to go on my 2nd, as it was fork-less when I bought it) - and whilst the blue version was matt, the red was a gloss finish.

my first proper mtb...

still got it but un-recognisable now.

painted lambo black, 27 speed, all black tioga finishing kit.

very stealthy.

nicest bike i have ever ridden.

its at my dads so i dont ever get tempted to sell it.

Had a tinker around a bit with it today

Got rid of the bontrager WSD seat that was on it and refitted the original flat bar.

I have the origial seat but due to it being the least comfy thing ever to perch my self on its not going back near the top of he seat post...

Attachments

• D mobile 007.JPG
    D mobile 007.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,035
  • D mobile 008.JPG
    D mobile 008.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,035

Latest posts

Back