Stumpjumper

Monkeymagic

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Here is my 1992? Stumpjumper nicknamed the 'Pink Panther'.

I was looking for a quality steel frame and I was thinking it would be a Stumpjumper, P7 or Explosif. I bought the frame and forks from Mike C last year. It's been through a few changes before I settled on making it a single speeder. I did think about trying to do a reasonably accurate build but then decided that experimentation was best.

First was a mtb build using bits I had in the shed. Then came the 700c wheels, rear mech only and brake adapters. It was an great road bike for going to work but then I got a puncture while out with the kids and I decided that I needed bigger tyres and a softer ride. So here it is as a single speeder with fat tyres.

It's lovely to ride and kerbs now don't pose any problems! The next task now that I've sorted the spec is to decide on a colour for a respray (any suggestions welcome!). I don't think it will be electric pink anymore.

Once it's painted I think I'll say it's finished. But I've left all the gear cable guides on so it may yet become something else!

Attachments

• Stumpy 1.jpg
    Stumpy 1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 620
  • Stumpy 2.jpg
    Stumpy 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 620
Back