Cannondale m1000 singlespeed......

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
Hello all.....here is my newly finished 'dale for you all to see.....a spur of the moment frame purchase (thanks bart!) led me to build my first singlespeed. It is finished in period parts including a nos zoom stem and nos deore cranks from new york, sun rims on lx hubs, ss7's and a lovely forcelight bar.......

IMG_01771.jpg

the bar ends were my gift from last years turkey twizzler......here is its first outing in the march sun earlier today......

IMG_01881.jpg

IMG_01761.jpg

what do you think?.......i am considering a strip down....(the bike that is!.... :roll: ).....and a powdercoat in red with yellow decals.....

looks very nice

a syncros stem would look great and match the post and bars really well ;)

how light is she

stubbsy :D

stubbsy":feizazmf said:
looks very nice

a syncros stem would look great and match the post and bars really well ;)

how light is she

all in with spuds and smokes i would say around 24 lbs....the lack of mechs/cables/block and shifters does make a difference.....will get scales out in week... ;)

thats a good weight, ive got my klein ss at 20lb at the moment,

i like the colour of your cannondale, i would keep it that way, looks stealthy :cool:

MAXTHEROTTI":3is3hbjt said:
got to be black for a 3.0 series frame :cool:
just like mine ;)

also what tyres are they? (the skinwall slicks in ride pic)

Hi, thanks for comments chaps.....the tyres are non-descript Taiwanese numbers I found some years ago in my in laws garage.....they are old and one run out with 60 psi has started to split them......it's a shame really as they fit the retro mtb on the road box well!......

the slicks on the cannondale look just like the city jet 1.90s that i have just fitted to my kona.they are quite light and roll very well and as for the bike i would keep it black for sure.

I agree for a synchros, but keep it black…
I reaaly wanted to buy these 'dale in 92, more beautifull than the champagne version.
Black, with only a blue pepperoni decal… :cool:

Back