A Sunn Something! first ride, weird handling!

gbmoto

Retro Guru
Hi All

Not sure what it is but following some advice on here it is a 95 frame number, but with 96 dropouts, could be made in 95 for the 96 season I guess.

Havn't weighed it but it is very light in comparison to the Voodoo.

6fc9d0a3.jpg

It had been sitting in the garage loft for a few years and I got it down to take off the brakes for the Voodoo, once I had removed the brakes I decieded to stick some bits on to see how it would look, and I liked it!

One thought is that it would make a good bike to take on holiday, usually I take an old Alloy SS so I don't worry about the scratches it seems get on the bike rack.

I had rebuilt the Manitous with a spring kit (again a few years back when I got the frame) the headset is a mixture of bits with an ahead adaptor to take the Salsa stem, Idealy I would like to go 1" ahead, but I guess a nice 1" quill would be better, I will change the rear mech for a long cage and am looking for an STX front mech.

The Tectro brakes are hooked up with some Nokon cable that I had hanging around operated by Dia-Compe DP7's

I have a nice pair of Mavic Ceramics to build, then will just need grips and gear cables (prob Nokon if a lockout kit will be enough)

Many thanks to all those I have bought bits from for this.

Trouble is I may have gone a bit too far for a Holiday bike!

That's nice, I've always like Sunn bikes since I saw a second hand one in a LBS a few years ago and it looked lighter and faster than any of the brand new bikes.

One of the coolest looking bikes I've seen in ages, understated but very very cool.

I absolutely love it.

Back