my new bargain zaskar....new pics stripped

Gazbally

Old School Hero
After months of searching, take a look at my new zaskar...im awaiting delivery as we speak, and a bargain i think...
She will get the usual treatment, stripped, polished, nice new retro parts fitted...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Its stamped 04941522....so a april 1994 build....

2 pictures added below...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
well, new wheels, pace forks maybe, xtr v brakes, xtr mechs, xtr skewers, any other nice parts i have, i dont want to overkill it with too much, but i like clean fresh looks, not too busy with colour...play it by ear mostly bud...

I will post a few pics when i get going, a before and after would be nice :LOL: :cool:

that look really nice! i hope old mate takes the U bolt lock off it before he sends it to you..that could cause some problems if not.... :LOL: sounds like a nice build, it looks like not too much is required for that bike to be running really nicely!

and its running thumbshifters already, sweet!

yes, i hope the u bolt is not included in the sale....unless there are keys to open it of course :LOL:

Good looking that's for sure. Appears as though this one was originally built up from a frame set since the Zaskar LE's from 94 were sold complete with XTR components. I'd say with the drive train on it the price you paid was fair but by no means a bargain.

Well, I do disagree gm on that point bud, I have watched many early zaskar frames alone with no components on, sell for £180-220, so with that in mind, £250 is a bargain, if the frame is worth £180, which it is, there is £70 worth of components on her easily...so to me and others on here its a bargain buddy...the last frame sold on here from the U.S Last week sold for £216....
Thanks for the constructive view as ever, all welcome

gm1230126":ekkl7z3c said:
Good looking that's for sure. Appears as though this one was originally built up from a frame set since the Zaskar LE's from 94 were sold complete with XTR components. I'd say with the drive train on it the price you paid was fair but by no means a bargain.

The UK is a zany place everything costs shackloads, It's similarly equipped to my old Zaskar It's in very good order, I'd say it's UK market value is probably about £300

US Made original Zaskar, XT Mavic, Contoltech etc... £300 no bother, lucky it was such a sketchy listing

£300 would obviously be ridiculous in the US market, some people even buy bikes (EG Klein) off US sites and ship 'em over because of pricing and availability differences

So £250 is a decent bargain, in the UK

Back