Save the Rain Forests !

Archangel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here's my current work in progress: a 1993 Klein Adroit 18" with Rain Forest paintjob. It's so hideous that it looks beautiful ! :p The painters in Klein factory must have had fun when painting these. ;)

In these photos it really shows how small the 18" frame is, especially when there are those fat 2.35# tyres installed. It's too small for me but my wife can ride this if she wants to. Guess she still prefers her modern Spesh Epic Marathon...

I had planned to use a complete XTR M900 set for this but since I was lucky to obtain a '94 Merlin Mountain, I guess that she will receive the honours now.
So, now I should choose how to build this one up. Should I use colourful (green and/or turquoise) parts or just silver & black; Suntour XC Pro or Shimano XT/XTR drivetrain parts, etc. etc. Life is full of choices...

rainforest1.jpg

rainforest2.jpg

rainforest3.jpg

I remember doing an interior design paint course when marbling, dappleing and your 'rainforest' sponging was all the rage :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:oops: all so fleur'de'leys now - what a waste of cash

:shock: not the klein tho, thats nice ;)

Make sure you dont loose it in the bushes :LOL:

Attachments

• Spot the klein.jpg
    Spot the klein.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,929
The army could do with them. It was better than the other colour option of Mardi Gra which looked like some one had been sick over it :shock:
But a great frame under it

Build complete:

rainforest9.jpg

rainforest11.jpg

rainforest15.jpg

rainforest16.jpg

However, have to sell it to make way for another Adroit. Mant parts have been already sold...

-err...I don't understand these Klein sizes, that looks about the same size as my 14" Small, am I missing something?

P.S. Build it with black components, make the frame standout ;)

jango":1rc836yt said:
-err...I don't understand these Klein sizes, that looks about the same size as my 14" Small, am I missing something?

Klein measured the frames a bit different back then (more like road frames)...

Carsten

Attachments

• 235128KleinSizing.jpg
    235128KleinSizing.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,543
Carsten":kotzdj1p said:
jango":kotzdj1p said:

Klein measured the frames a bit different back then (more like road frames)...

Carsten

smart; size determined by head tube length...

Latest posts

Back