Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1994 - Update 26.01.13

claret73

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'd imagine most have seen 'Beep Beeps' previous posts on his 'Patina Jump Bike Blizzard'...So those that have will know it's made its way to UK Shores...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=102584

So thought I'd do just a quick little update. Nothing happening much with a build except getting parts together. Some not about at the moment & have had to wait whilst I shifted some spare bits or change of mind...plus the knee injury carries on, so have no deadline to finish. (Obviously before Sunny days would be good).

Paint is still in the RnD Mode...Have a vision in my head so am trying to find a company to bring that to life...Decals are being proofed & discussed with the regular supplier - GilM...
Have attached some images of the frame as I have it & some parts that have shown up. I have the 1994 Spec, but think I'll loosen the reigns & grace it with some Retro-Mod. Fully rigid though...

Any suggestions always welcomed...

Attachments

• HandMade.jpg
    HandMade.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 6,918
  • Dropout.jpg
    Dropout.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6,917
  • RearTri.jpg
    RearTri.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6,918
  • MainFrame.jpg
    MainFrame.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 6,919
Few more Pics of its current looks...

Attachments

• DownTubePatina.jpg
    DownTubePatina.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 6,912
  • Blizzard.jpg
    Blizzard.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6,912
  • PrestigeDecal.jpg
    PrestigeDecal.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 6,912
Not tempted by getting the sparkly effect of the white back into the frame? rather than a flat white colour, should be possible as it's currently powder coated as is.

FluffyChicken":3bsh3ugp said:
Not tempted by getting the sparkly effect of the white back into the frame? rather than a flat white colour, should be possible as it's currently powder coated as is.

Tempted, Yes! So I'll see what the coater has to say if I get hold of them...it's a strange finish, as the brochure says an 'Ice' finish. But whether that can be replicated without the expense I don't know?...Before we all get carried away, I'm not following to the letter with this, it will have Race Face & Syncros tendencies but not specifically period to the year. What I have so far is a mix of period & non period just for liking how it looks...

Parts sourced so far:
Dia-Compe 987 Cantis
Dia-Compe SS7 Levers (NOS)
Race Face LP Turbines - Near as NOS

Attachments

• Dia-Compe.jpg
    Dia-Compe.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 6,778
ah, you've started your thread. and i see you've begun collecting your neede parts, including getting a hold of my fav stem. you know who to contact if that's not the length you need. ;)

lovely frame, very nice parts, but the stem is not working for me. on such nice build I'd go for something more period correct.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, Andy. I agree that the stem seems too modern for the build. Maybe a RF SyStem instead? I like the M737 hubs. :)

Latest posts

Back