My Kona Hei Hei, Lawwill Fork & RARE Ringle Ti Stix Whee

BikePimp

Retro Guru
Thought I would post this. It's a work in progress.

The Ringle Ti Stix wheels are super rare. Once in a while someone will post the front wheel, but rarely the rear or both for that matter. Titanium bladed spokes front & rear, radial lace up front, the rear wheel is half radial and half cross laced. Notice the drive side is similar to Pulsar type design. Circa 1995, about $700 USD at the time. Most were recalled (too light for big jumps), few survived. I only ride this bike around town once in a blue moon. If I take the bike on the trails I slap on a pair of White Industries wheels instead.

Still have NOS yellow Panaracer Magic tyres that I'm going to add. Got a vintage IRD seatpost that will replace the Thomson as well as a pair of Paul Component Stoplights that I will be adding...I just need to find the special rear canti brake holder that mount around the seat tube.....sorry about the crappy pictures, but it's overcast and I forgot my tripod. Will be adding pictures to my gallery as time goes by....enjoy....

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 5,120
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 5,120
Pics continued.....

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 5,117
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5,117
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 5,117
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 5,117
Nice is the word... even if it does have something other than a P2 on the front! I hope you find the Kona seat tube brake cable guide, it will look even cleaner with that setup.

I checked this and then had to come back. Awesome. Lovely, lovely build, and nice in the subdued colours.
My Boulder will be the negative of this when finished, all silver on a black thing.
Kudos to you mate, well done, ;)

ringle hubs

gee, what about those hubs?
never ever seen those or even heard of them existing? prototypes?
nice! :cool:

It does look nice dunnit
cool-smiley-17087.gif

is it me or has someone thought twice about drilling that rear skewer :?:

This is awesome, simply fantastic.

It amazes me that bikes like this get beaten in a BOTM comp by a f*****g Lava Dome.

Latest posts

Back