Litespeed Titanium FS

atmaka

Dirt Disciple
gabunganresizedul2.jpg

1992 Litespeed Titanium FS. Groupset XTR M900. Anybody know how to adjust the rearshock? it said, "Caution: Gas Pressurized" Can i adjust it with a regular shock pump? Please help.. :( Thanks.. :D

Yes I agree : the suspension seems to the EST : is this system in titanium built stiff? (It was the problem of the EST !) :?
But a beautifull and rare bike :cool:

thanks for all the comments :D

at this time, unfortunately, it doesn't ride very well. the front shock is not good anymore, and i don't have a shock pump, so i can't adjust the rear shock. :oops:

and the rear braking system is not good, when the rear shock at the max travel (bottom out), the brake become loose. i do not understand why they designed it like this.. :?

Ohh no, well I'm sure someone here knows a remedy = )
I'm sorry I can't be of any help, but I guess its best to try the local bikeshops...old FOX dealers maybe?

You'll get it up and running in no time, cant wait to see this beast in its fully restored glory!

For the rear brake : the cable hanger is on the shocker : When the suspension moves, the shocker moves too, and the cable hanger is going nearer to the brakes caliper.
The cable hanger has to be on the swing arm !
I understand why cannondale had developped the Force 40 braking system : It would be a problem to fix the cable hanger on the swingarm…

yes, that's the problem. last night i downloaded the old litespeed catalogs. they have the 1990, 1991 until 2007, but they skipped the 1992! :?

and i saw this bike in the 1993 edition, they changed the cable hanger position to the swing arm, just like what you said.. :D

and for safety reason, i replaced the cantilever with shimano xt v-brake.. :cry: sigh..i had no choice.. there goes the fully restored glory..

but the good news is, the front and rear shock are still working perfect after i adjusted it with a shock pump. :) :)

Yessssss ! :D
Do you have ride it, for the feeling ? (is the frame stiff?)
The manager of Tomac had this bike, with dream rare and expensive parts on it. The bike weight under the 10kg (I think it was in 93) Hard to find such a light full suspension bike today :D

yes i have ride it.. and i like it very much. compared to my iron horse fs works, this bike is much much lighter..now i have so much fun on uphill.. :D i think the frame is stiff enough.

and this whole bike weight lighter than my hardtail miyata elevation 2,000 :D

Back