92' Rocky Mountain.....FINISHED trail pics added..

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This just arrived this morning (thanks Nick, beautifully packed!) and I am in love already :)
The photos don't really do it justice, in the flesh it just sparkles.
So, thought I would start a 'build thread' for her. I am usually very conservative in my builds and tend to go as near to catalogue as possible (and finances allow) but there is something about this frame that makes me think I might bling it up a tad. Gonna go 7speed XT or equivalent for the main running gear I think but might try and add a few modern touches here and there. Very excited about this one and proud to be a Rocky Mountain owner!!

DSCF0768.jpg

DSCF0770.jpg

DSCF0771.jpg

DSCF0772.jpg

that's an awesome frame. do you have the parts allready? very curious about the modern touch you want to give this Rocky...

By law I have to fallow this as you saved me parting with money.

and them Tange Super Big Forks go so well, but will be hard to add bling against.

Looking at the original spec I think these were DX..
When I say 'bling' I guess I am saying a bit of Syncros here and there as opposed to the RM post, stem etc.. And maybe something a bit nice wheel-wise... I haven't any parts yet apart from some xt shifters, so now begins that hunt for a nice 27.0 mm post I guess :roll:
Any help/advice would always be gratefully recieved... :D

I may even have a go at building my own wheels. Haven't tried it before but 'The Bike Whisperer' has always promised me a day of his knowledge...

Ah sensible 'bling' not a purple/gold anno mix sort of bling.

To see where you come from as original then

If you cannot find a syncros quickly and you need a 27.0, then look for the Tioga T-Bone (modern) as it'll do for now.

Black or Silver on the post/stem ?
Shouldn't be too hard to find a 130mm Syncros quill with a noodle.

If you don't mind having Deore DX hubs (immaculate iirc) built on 231CD's then I may know somebody selling some soon.

Sithlord is selling a few bits of bike bling at the moment, worth a scan through his long list.

Attachments

• RM 1992 Stratos.jpg
    RM 1992 Stratos.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 4,128
Yes, tasteful 'bling' :D
Not sure I am ready for purple or gold yet...
Think I might go silver stem/post. And yellow cables :D
'Dem wheels sound interesting Fluffychicken, I shall keep my eyes open for them (price allowing of course....)

Now, where am I gonna hide this baby before the wife gets home? :roll:

Back