New arrival carrera katmandu

lee25

Devout Dirtbag
Well had this beastie turn up today, carrera katmandu from around 1990 I think, apart from being grubby it's actually mint. Full deore lx groupie almost new tioga farmer John nephews,0nza bar ends and the all important top tube pad!!!! This is going to be stripped as it was bought to use as a donor for my tufftrax re build. Anything that isn't used will be cleaned and advertised in the for sale section.
19d2ea82.jpg

Awesome! I had two like that: one was nicked and I replaced it. You've got the year about right I think it was 1988 or 89, don't think it was 1990.

Check the stem! The one I had had an internal routing for the front brake cable that went inside the stem and then out and straight down to the forks, but the bit of the stem it went out of was just a rectangular hole in the underside of the stem and I had two that cracked around the stem the crack starting at the corner of this hole that was not very well thought through!

Good condition bike for 20 yrs old though.

Cool, it don't look like that now..... An hour after taking delivery it was stripped and cleaned and all parts are now on the tufftrax and the frame and any other bits will be in the for sale section soon

Got lx brakes, xt lever and thumbies also a non retro truvative chainset (being preped for polishing) ...also a mint flexstem for the steering .
Wheels still to be sorted . :D

Cool, I loved the paintwork on these. I've actually got another katmandu now :) although got some bits missing.

lee25":2n6sboq7 said:
Cool, I loved the paintwork on these. I've actually got another katmandu now :) although got some bits missing.
They dont make them like this anymore :LOL: I think nearly all halfords models where as stated earlier looked like this

Nice...saw this one on the bay - looked in good shape :)

Ironically Saracen had a hand in the Carrera range at this time if I remember rightly...hence why the bikes were well sorted ;)

Back