95 Orange C16-R Resto...

hornetrider

Dirt Disciple
Howdy everyone, nice forum you have here :)

I've had a C16-R shamefully languishing in my various sheds for nigh on ten years now but the time has come to get it looking all shiny again. I've found this forum through a recommendation of others, plus a bit of google. I've seen some lovely restoration projects here and while I suspect mine won't be as awesome, I figure here is the place to put it!

It'll also help people to know that I'm someone real when I contact them for bits from the For Sale forum ;)

I bought it as a 21st birthday present and can you believe I actually paid extra for the purple! Just researching my respray options at the mo, plus I seem to have bought some XTR bits when it started off as a budget-ish rebuild! Always the way!

Looking forward to getting involved!

d2a46891.jpg

:cool:

I've not actually tried yet :LOL:

It is however running smoothly. I greased it up when I put it in all those years ago, hopefully it's stood me in good stead!

You'll want to get it out if you are re-spraying though. Also better to find out now if its stuck now than later.

What are the vee brakes you have on it ? Look in good nick. stx-rc ??

You make an excellent point sir! I shall see if I can remove it. Yeah the brakes are RC as well as the rear mech but they are looking a little tired, the tension bars are rusty - I may have splurged on some XTR ones to replace them though - cough

You on PH? I recognise that username...

when i bought my first nickel plated P7 i tried and waited ages for that color!

I couldn't get it due to none in stock.

personally id remove the old decals, polish the frame up & re decal in the same .

i feel 13 again and still jealous.

ooh-err thats a smashing colour friend.

Have you decided where you will get the frame re-painted? I used Argos cycles in Bristol and the finish is superb. Costly though.

I might use Bob Jackson for my next project.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress

Had one in this colour a year or two back and think it's ace. Looks so much better in the flesh. :cool: I'd defo go down the 'leave paint, get new decals' road except for maybe the forks that look a bit snotty.

Back