Hei Hei King Kahuna

dom_k

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought last night off jez - just in the process of building it up - going to be a not so retro build coz i want to use it every weekend - going to have a 2000 marzocchi bomber z1 air fork with 100mm travel and full xt, king headset, hope hubs, thomson stem and seatpost, salsa bars and a flite ti.
Il put some pics up later in the week when i can build it due to my fork needing a new steerer....

Attachments

• kahuna2.jpg
    kahuna2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,982
Both of my Heis have gone to people who want to build them non-retro. Thast quite interesting that.

Hope you enjoy! Thats a nice frame.

i know i have the original kona brochure pic which shows the orange 97 z1. My slightly later z1 is an air oil fork so is lighter than the 97 z1 but still really plush! plus it has polished legs and yellow decals which will match in with the frame nicely!!!

dom_k":1h4nbvfy said:
plus it has polished legs and yellow decals which will match in with the frame nicely!!!

I'll wait for the photos :)

You may also want to consider fixing up the Kona and Kona custom decals at some point in the future, the wonky K really looks out of place when compared to the original. ;)

well gave it a good run out this weekend - did the north face trail at grizedale on saturday then round dalby today!! rides like a dream!
so heres some pics.... wont be to everyones taste with the newer parts but its built to ride week in week out - at least the forks and wheels are 7 years old + it has straight bars on ;)
plus 1 bonus shot of the schwinn - old school lawwill rear end with pull shock!!

Attachments

• DSC00509 (Small).JPG
    DSC00509 (Small).JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,735
  • DSC00511 (Small).JPG
    DSC00511 (Small).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,736
  • DSC00512 (Small).JPG
    DSC00512 (Small).JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,736
  • DSC00513 (Small).JPG
    DSC00513 (Small).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,736
Geometry

Nice Frame but the bike looks well laid back, especially with the low seat/high bars, were these suspension corrected for a 100mm fork?

Back