1992 diamond back axis

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just picked this up today one owner from new very tidy fully serviced came with original forks shimano speed pedals, full xt groupset mavic rims on xt hubs and it even has the original touch up paint and brand new tyres. It just wants a proper clean to my standards and she is ready to go at the next national event.

Attachments

• DSCF0664 [1024x768].JPG
    DSCF0664 [1024x768].JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 3,040
  • DSCF0666 [1024x768].JPG
    DSCF0666 [1024x768].JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 3,040
  • DSCF0666 [1024x768].JPG
    DSCF0666 [1024x768].JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 3,040
  • DSCF0665 [1024x768].JPG
    DSCF0665 [1024x768].JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 3,040
I was watching this and hoped it would go to someone on here - glad you got it!

(not allowed anymore bikes or I'd have had a punt myself :D)

It looks like it's in really nice condition - do you know what the suspension forks are?

The forks are girvin pro fork I believe they are no longer trading. I had a quick ride round the street and the bike is set up perfect it just needs a couple of cables and that's it. I really thought someone would outbid me, well no one did and I am very pleased with what I bought

Beautiful.

I had Response from the same year BITD. I missed it so much I bought a '94 Axis... which is 98% done.

db axis

nice steel there mate.

that paintwork will probably look ace in natural sunlight! as you say just a good clean up, the quality is there for sure. girvin forks too. ;)

looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. nice one.

...same year as my Apex. Nice to see you got the rigid forks with it as well and still has the Brahma bars (which are really heavy IIRC). Nice frame though and rides well which is why I still have mine from new!

I found they were good because they gave you a number of hand positions, but really more suitable for on rather than off road.

I swapped mine originally for a set of USE bars with bolt on bar ends and there was quite a bit of difference after that as the front end was sooooo much lighter.

As you will see mine has changed beyond all recognition (only the frame is original although I still have the forks - painted to match of course!) Nice to see one that is very original and you will enjoy riding it, that I can tell you. Stick the rigids back on first and give it a go like that before changing anything although I have to say that stem has to go!!

Back