And now, for something totally different. New Build

Ductape

BoTM Winner
A little project I just put together. Rodriguez is a local builder here in Seattle who has been involved with the Mtn bike scene since the early 80's. More well known for their tandems, I actually still have one of their tandems that I bought new back in 1990. This bike hit the local Craigslist with a pretty high asking price. I went by, educated the seller on what he had (he didn't know anything about the bike, it's value, or it's construction, he just knew his dad bought it new back in the 80's) and then made my lowball offer. The seller stated he was moving in a week and he wasn't taking the bike with him. I watched the bike sit with the original asking price and poor photo's for the rest of the week. 6 days later he called back and accepted my offer. The bike came with a pretty well used 730XT group, a newer front wheel and saddle. I took the bike apart for the first time in well over 20 years and started over. I had been saving up a deerhead group for a different project but didn't mind using it here.

1986 Rodriguez:

Headbadge
khs7774.jpg

Seat Tube/stays
khs7755.jpg

Date Stamp
khs7770.jpg

Frame
khs7787.jpg

boy that was quick, kettle has not even boiled :LOL:

stunning work indeed and love the groupset perfect match. Will she be a rider or a garage queen?

clockworkgazz":27d98k9r said:
boy that was quick, kettle has not even boiled :LOL:

stunning work indeed and love the groupset perfect match. Will she be a rider or a garage queen?

Slow computer. I was trying to get them all together before anyone posted....... ;)
Took me about two weeks to disassemble, clean and find the missing pieces.....I think it came out pretty good....

You are fast....

Another cracker Ductape! Truly a fine stable of bikes you have there :D

Everything is done to the best of my ability proper to 1986:

Frame- Rodriguez
Fork- Rodriguez
Hubs DuraAce
Rims- Saturne X22
Tires- Panaracer Timbuk 2 repops from FFB
Stem- Salsa Pro Moto
Bars- Nitto
Shifters- DeerHead
Levers- Magura